Thread: simple wargames for kids

simple wargames for kids

Does anyone know of any simple and (relatively) short board wargames suitable to play with kids (6+)?
    Scott Roberts
    Ruling Elder, Lakeside Presbyterian Church (PCA)
    Southlake, Texas

Other than Risk?
    Seth Stark
    Member, Grace Presbyterian Church (OPC), Springfield, IL (though I live in Decatur, IL)

(Formerly Ruling Elder, Communion Presbyterian Church (ARP), Irvine, CA)
    M.A. Science and Religion, Biola University
    The Ruling Elder Blog
    LIKE The Ruling Elder on Facebook!

When I was 12 I had a cool game called Weapons and Warriors. It was really fun. You get to sit around on the floor, roll a die, then take these cool plastic marbles and shoot at each others men with these neat little plastic cannons, catapults, etc. There were many different ones, castles, pirates, etc. Excellent games, I would still play them today if I did not break all the little guys. I would recommend this game, I got a 5, 7, and 8 year old to play it ... they enjoyed it. (However, I am not sure if it is still sold)
    Stratego may be a little advanced as of yet for a 6 year old... but it is good for 8-10 year old.
    When they get to ages 11+, Axis and Allies and of course, RISK!
    Jonathan Brown
    Bedford, New Hampshire
    Grace Free Presbyterian Church
    Highschool Graduate

I think Battleship is a good choice.
    The rules are simple... yet it helps develop logical thinking.
    Ben
    Chaplain, US Army
    Stuttgart, Germany
    TE Potomac Presbytery, PCA
    www.thebenaddiction.com

"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'would an idiot do that?' And if they would, I do not do that thing." -- Dwight Schrute

"I've been so thoroughly trained that I don't even need to think before I speak." -- Harry Crumb

Stratego is a classic and a good one for battlefield strategy.

Blog Entries
    Risk, Battleship and Stratego! I loved those games growing up, and I still do!
    Andrew

Has anyone ever used any simple rules for plastic army figures? I found some on the internet.
    Scott Roberts
    Ruling Elder, Lakeside Presbyterian Church (PCA)
    Southlake, Texas