Thread: Can you recommend a book(s) or article(s) on tithing?

Can you recommend a book(s) or article(s) on tithing?

As you may or may not know, I'm now preaching through the book of Malachi. I'm only the fill-in so it will take me some time to make it all the way through (it took just under 3 years for me to get through Galatians), but the "big subject" of tithing will be coming up soon enough. Can anyone recommend a good solid book or in-depth article (paper) on tithing? One that gives the major views and maybe even contrasts them?

Blessings!
    "Is this not a brand plucked from the fire? - Zechariah 3:2

James Helbert, Wytheville, VA
    Providence Reformed Presbyterian Church, RPCUS

GraceAndLaw.net / The Edinburgh Inn

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

A previous recommendation of mine:
    http://www.puritanboard.com/f54/tith...54/#post176892
    Rev. Bruce G. Buchanan
    ChainOLakes Presbyterian Church, CentralLake, MI

Made both Lord and Christ--Jesus, the Destroyer
    Acts 2:36 - 1 Cor. 10:9-10 & 15:22-26 - Hebrews 2:9-15 - 1 John 3:8 - James 4:12

When posting friends, kindly bear those words of earthly wisdom in mind:

Oh, that God the gift would give us
    To see ourselves as others see us.
    --Robert Burns, 1786 (modernized) ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions? -- Sermons

Pastor Weaver has an excellent series of sermons titled "Biblical Wealth". Parts 4,5 and 6 are about the theology of tithing. It is available here: SermonAudio.com - Biblical Wealth - Part 4 of 8

(Beware! He is a capital 'T' theonomist.)

Also, AW Pink's article is available here: Tithing

Village Church of Rosena Ranch

Transformation Ministries

"Preparing a sermon is like cooking a meal. You need pots and pans and utensils, but you don't bring them out to the table where people are eating." Derek Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by KMK View Post
    Pastor Weaver has an excellent series of sermons titled "Biblical Wealth". Parts 4,5 and 6 are about the theology of tithing. It is available here: SermonAudio.com - Biblical Wealth - Part 4 of 8

(Beware! He is a capital 'T' theonomist.)

Also, AW Pink's article is available here: Tithing
    Thanks! I'm familiar with Pastor Weaver and have benefited greatly from other sermons of his that I've listened to.

BTW, if he's a Capital 'T" theonomist then I guess I'm one too.
    "Is this not a brand plucked from the fire? - Zechariah 3:2

James Helbert, Wytheville, VA
    Providence Reformed Presbyterian Church, RPCUS

GraceAndLaw.net / The Edinburgh Inn