Hooker’s Chipotle Salsa
• (1) 28 oz. can of fire roasted diced tomatoes (preferably Muir Glen Organic)
• (7) cloves dry roasted garlic
• (1/2) diced onion
• (5) seeded canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
• (1) cup of fresh cilantro leaves and stems (vary to taste)
• Juice from 3/4 medium lime
• Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers cilantro, and juice from about 1/2 lime to a food processor and blend to desired consistency
2. Taste the salsa, and adjust flavors as needed by adding additional lime and cilantro.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste
4. Serve immediately or refrigerate promptly.
Dry roasted garlic
1. Break off/cut off several garlic cloves from the bulb, but do not peel or otherwise remove the husks
2. Place garlic in an ungreased skilled at medium heat.
3. Occasionally flip garlic until husk is partially blacked all around – avoid overcooking
4. Peel the garlic and chop off the bottom of the clove
5. Dice the garlic, removing the bitter middle stem.