Computers & Technology discuss My Home Page is getting Redirected? in the General Forums forums; My igoogle home page keeps getting redirected to some sitesure.com page. Anyone know what is going on? I can't even access google.com without it automatically ...

ChristopherPaul is offline. Puritanboard Senior

My Home Page is getting Redirected?

My igoogle home page keeps getting redirected to some sitesure.com page.

Anyone know what is going on? I can't even access google.com without it automatically redirecting to this other site.
    Christopher Reeder
    Husband to Kara, Father to Abigail (11), Caleb (10), Grace (9), Zo (7), Elijah (6), Hannah (4), Mary (2), Philip (1), and Boy (in womb)

Member: Greenville Presbyterian Church, Free Church of Scotland (Continuing), Greenville, SC

jaybird0827 is offline. PuritanBoard Honor Roll
    Blog Entries
    It's a virus or something like it. You're being hijacked and you need help.

I had this happen on an older computer. I kept getting hijacked to some angelfire site. I remember having to download a fix.
    ~Jay~
    Husband of ENS, father of J II. | Indian Trail, NC
    disabled - cancer
    Communicant Member, Precentor | Presbyterian Reformed Church of Charlotte, NC | Presbyterian Reformed Church

Seb
    Seb is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherPaul View Post

Anyone know what is going on? I can't even access google.com without it automatically redirecting to this other site.
    I found this on a forum: Click on the "Stop" button before it redirects the page. Then remove "This Day In History". That should solve the problem
    Steve Butts
    Shepherding Elder - Bradenton CRCNA - Bradenton, Florida
    (A conservative member in a moderate congregation)

"Turning away to false Theology is equal to turning away to false gods" Francis Schaeffer (Death in the City)

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post

I found this on a forum: Click on the "Stop" button before it redirects the page. Then remove "This Day In History". That should solve the problem
    Is this for IE or Firefox? I should have specified that this is occurring within Firefox. I cleared private data, but that did not work.
    Christopher Reeder
    Husband to Kara, Father to Abigail (11), Caleb (10), Grace (9), Zo (7), Elijah (6), Hannah (4), Mary (2), Philip (1), and Boy (in womb)

Member: Greenville Presbyterian Church, Free Church of Scotland (Continuing), Greenville, SC

Seb

Is this for IE or Firefox? I should have specified that this is occurring within Firefox. I cleared private data, but that did not work.
    I don't think it matters.

I don't use iGoogle but my understanding is - there is something on the iGoogle home page called "This Day in History" It seems to be whats causing the problem. If you can remove that, it should solve the problem.

If it doesn't work, post here again, and I'll keep looking for a solution.
    Steve Butts

"Turning away to false Theology is equal to turning away to false gods" Francis Schaeffer (Death in the City)

I don't use iGoogle but my understanding is - there is something on the iGoogle home page called "This Day in History" It seems to be whats causing the problem. If you can remove that, it should solve the problem.

It worked! Thank you Steve! I didn't realize you were referring to the actual content on the igoogle page; I thought you were talking about the browser history. Odd how it was due to a that component.

I appreciate the help!
    Christopher Reeder

Seb

It worked! Thank you Steve! I didn't realize you were referring to the actual content on the igoogle page; I thought you were talking about the browser history. Odd how it was due to a that component.

I appreciate the help!
    GREAT! I'm glad it worked.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful day Christopher.
    Steve Butts

jaybird0827 is offline. PuritanBoard Honor Roll
    Blog Entries

I appreciate the help!

I'm glad that's all it was!
    ~Jay~
    Husband of ENS, father of J II. | Indian Trail, NC
    disabled - cancer
    Communicant Member, Precentor | Presbyterian Reformed Church of Charlotte, NC | Presbyterian Reformed Church

Blog Entries
    I've had "Today in History" on my Google homepage for a long time now and have not experienced this in either FireFox or IE. Should I be concerned?
    "Is this not a brand plucked from the fire? - Zechariah 3:2

James Helbert, Wytheville, VA
    Providence Reformed Presbyterian Church, RPCUS

TheBibleAlone.com / The Edinburgh Inn

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

Seb
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Presbyterian View Post
    I've had "Today in History" on my Google homepage for a long time now and have not experienced this in either FireFox or IE. Should I be concerned?
    It seems to be redirection problem on Google's end. Not a hijacking or infection on your local end.

Google may have already fixed the problem, it doesn't seem to have shown up until this morning.
    Steve Butts

Richard King is offline. Puritanboard Senior
    Same thing just happened to me.
    There are several add ons with the title THIS DAY IN HISTORY.
    The first one you see is a hijack.
    I can't get to the stop button fast enough.
    VERY frustrating.
    Richard H. King
    Providence PCA
    Lubbock, Texas
    You know what my main problem is? I start things but rarely finish anyth...

Seb
    Hi Richard,

If you're still having problems you can PM me. I might have some ideas on how to get through this.
    Steve Butts