Spiritual Warfare discuss How do we recognize spiritual warfare? in the The Christian Walk forums; I know this may sound like a dumb question, but how do we recognize spiritual warfare? What are some examples? In the past when I ...

Blue Tick is offline. Puritanboard Graduate

How do we recognize spiritual warfare?

I know this may sound like a dumb question, but how do we recognize spiritual warfare?

What are some examples? In the past when I was attending a dispy/arminian church everything was warfare! Redlights, printer not working, copy machine broken, kid's demon possessed, volunteers not showing up, the list goes on.....

Anyway, since I became a Calvinist I don't seem to "experience" so much warfare anymore. Has this happened to anyone?
    Last edited by BobVigneault; 04-05-2007 at 09:57 AM.
    John
    Christ Presbyterian Church (OPC)
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    [url]www.christpres.net[/url]

Scott Shahan is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tick View Post

I know this may sound like a dump question, but how do we recognize spiritual warfare?

What are some examples? In the past when I was attending a dispy/arminian church everything was warfare! Redlights, printer not working, copy machine broken, kid's demon possessed, volunteers not showing up, the list goes on.....

Anyway, since I became a Calvinist I don't seem to "experience" so much warfare anymore. Has this happened to anyone?
    2 Corinthians 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. 5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, 6 being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.

Pay attention to what the idol factory is doing....
    Scott Shahan
    Member of First Evangelical Free Church, EFCA
    firstfreesf.org
    Sioux Falls, SD

Better is the sin which humbles me, than that duty which makes me proud.
    Thomas Watson

BobVigneault is offline. Bawberator
    We got a pretty good thread going here on this topic.
    When it comes to havoc, I WREAK!
    Bob Vigneault
    Seventy And Fourteen (blog)
    The Heartbeat of Heaven (blog)
    Spiritual Warfare (blog)
    Member, Grace Evangelical Free Church (Reforming!), Afton, WI
    Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

tcalbrecht is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    Stan Gale has written a helpful book titled [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Warfare-Witness-Contending-Opposition-Evangelism/dp/1845500792"]Warfare Witness: Contending with Spiritual Opposition in Everyday Evangelism. [/ame]

Stan is a friend of mine and pastor of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of West Chester, PA (PCA).
    Tom Albrecht
    Attending Grace & Peace PCA, Pottstown, PA.

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

Dieter Schneider is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    Blog Entries
    On Christian warfare I recommend the following (in that order!):

1.Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones on Ephesians is superb! I prefer him to Calvin!
    2.Thomas Brooks (Precious Remedies), see http://www.gracegems.org/Brooks/prec...inst_satan.htm
    3.John Bunyan (Holy War) http://www.reformedreader.org/rbb/bu...olywar/toc.htm
    4.William Gurnall (The Christian in Complete Armour; not for the faint-hearted), see http://www.ccel.org/g/gurnall/armour/home.htm
    Independent Baptist Church (NE England, nr. Durham)

Bandguy is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    Well, you see. Here is the way it is. You know, the librarian, the local government officials and witches are all plotting a takeover of the old small town working in conjunction with the devil and his demons. God and his angels have a few faithful prayer warriors who give them strength to fight the devil and his demons whenever they pray....but watch out, because God and his angels will lose their power if you stop praying... oh wait...I am sorry. That was in the Perretti fiction full of false doctrine and heresy called "This Present Darkness". I can definitely relate to the problem of being around all this wrong teaching and wondering what true spiritual warfare is. I truly think, upon further reflection, that it may have something to do with sanctification and mortification of sin. Check out Romans 7 and 8.
    Joseph Botwinick, Band Director, Minister of Music
    Indianhead Lake Baptist Church, Southern Baptist Convention, Sherwood, Arkansas
    Romans 7:14-25
    http://botwinick.wordpress.com/