Spiritual Warfare discuss The Catholic Prayer in the The Christian Walk forums; Are there any resources preferably online that deal with the catholic prayer? blade...

Bladestunner316 is offline. Puritanboard Doctor

The Catholic Prayer

Are there any resources preferably online that deal with the catholic prayer?

blade
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

"Man is nothing: he hath a free will to go to hell, but none to go to heaven, till God worketh in him to will and to do his good pleasure"
    GEORGE WHITEFIELD TO JOHN WESLEY

My Blog

turmeric is offline. Megerator
    Blog Entries
    What are you talking about, Nathan? Could you be more specific?
    The man who is disposed to think of his sin as a great calamity, rather than as a heinous crime, is not likely either to reverence God or to respect His law. - John Kennedy, 1873
    Meg
    Blog
    Member, Intown Presbyterian Church,PCA, Portland, OR

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

Shoot its one where they pray to marry my sister is into catholic prayers etc.. I was just wondering if there were reformed critiques.

blade
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

"Man is nothing: he hath a free will to go to hell, but none to go to heaven, till God worketh in him to will and to do his good pleasure"

My Blog

turmeric is offline. Megerator
    Blog Entries
    The hail mary thing?
    The man who is disposed to think of his sin as a great calamity, rather than as a heinous crime, is not likely either to reverence God or to respect His law. - John Kennedy, 1873
    Meg
    Blog
    Member, Intown Presbyterian Church,PCA, Portland, OR

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

I think so...It sused by her as a dinner prayer.
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

My Blog

SolaScriptura is offline. Puritanboard Softy
    There are numerous RC prayers. If you want a Reformed critique of the "Hail Mary"... here it is: it is evil. If you ever hear someone saying it, start making a loud obnoxious noise so that they cannot finish it.
    Ben
    Chaplain, US Army
    Stuttgart, Germany
    TE Potomac Presbytery, PCA
    www.thebenaddiction.com

"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'would an idiot do that?' And if they would, I do not do that thing." -- Dwight Schrute

"I've been so thoroughly trained that I don't even need to think before I speak." -- Harry Crumb

Plimoth Thom is offline. Inactive User
    Here's what Christ had to say about hailing Mary:

Luk 11:27 As he said these things, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, "Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts at which you nursed!" 11:28 But he said, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!"

Globachio is offline. Inactive User
    Originally posted by SolaScriptura
    There are numerous RC prayers. If you want a Reformed critique of the "Hail Mary"... here it is: it is evil.
    Correct! (sez Kev the ex-priest)
    Pastor Kevin Guillory
    St. Andrew Lutheran Church
    Baltimore, MD

"I don't interpret Scripture. Scripture interprets itself. And in the process ... scripture interprets me."

Devin is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    It's a wonder to behold how doctrines come about that lead to prayers like this:

O Mother of Perpetual Help, thou art the dispenser of every grace that God grants us in our misery; it is for this cause that He hath made thee so powerful, so rich, so kind, that thou mightest assist us in our miseries. Thou art the advocate of the most wretched and abandoned sinners, if they but come unto thee; come once more to my assistance, for I commend myself to thee. In thy hands I place my eternal salvation; to thee I entrust my soul. Enroll me among thy most faithful servants; take me under thy protection and it is enough for me: yes, for if thou protect me, I shall fear nothing; not my sins, for thou wilt obtain for me their pardon and remission; not the evil spirits, for thou art mightier than all the powers of hell; not even Jesus, my Judge, for He is appeased by a single prayer from thee. I fear only that through my own negligence I may forget to recommend myself to thee and so I shall be lost. My dear Lady, obtain for me the forgiveness of my sins, love for Jesus, final perseverance and the grace to have recourse to thee at all times, O Mother of Perpetual Help.
    Devin Brian
    1689er
    Attending Trinity Baptist Church in Shreveport, LA.
    Vivian, Louisiana, USA

"...If you are not firm in faith,you will not be firm at all." - Isaiah 7:9
    "The fall of man is written in too legible characters not to be understood: Those that deny it, by their denying, prove it." - George Whitefield

~~Susita~~ is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    How can they possibly derive such heresies from Scripture? Or how do they defend their lack of Scriptural support?
    Susan Anita - Clan Scott!
    Member of Grace Bible Church - Bakersfield, CA www.gbcob.org

or of Roman Catholic Prayers
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

My Blog