Natural Revelation and God's Creation discuss Starfish flower in the Theology forums; Here's something strange for your Memorial Day. Stapelia cedrimontana , from an African desert. Hard to grow! And it bloomed unexpectedly for me today, so ...

TimV is offline. Puritanboard Botanist

Starfish flower

Here's something strange for your Memorial Day. Stapelia cedrimontana, from an African desert. Hard to grow! And it bloomed unexpectedly for me today, so I thought I'd share. Imitates the wounds on an animal to attract flies for pollinating. You can see the waxy texture makes sure scarce water doesn't evaporate.

Tim Vaughan
    Member, Redeemer Presbyterian, OPC,
    Santa Maria
    California

NateLanning is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    I have to ask... Do you have your own greenhouse for all of your plants, or are they all grown outside, or are you constantly pulling our collective legs and just taking pics from the local botanical gardens? What's your setup?

TimV is offline. Puritanboard Botanist

I have a 400 foot greenhouse that I custom built. It's really efficient, but kind of jury rigged looking. I trade exotic seeds from all over the world with other nerds, so what I post are indeed mine

It's a natural love for plants and my way of sticking it to evolutionists, since none of the weird stuff I grow can be explained by anything other than creation. Sorry, Waltke, but in any biological subject where practical ability counts more than mindless snobbish theory, I'll kick your butt while laughing at you.
    Tim Vaughan
    Member, Redeemer Presbyterian, OPC,
    Santa Maria
    California

Berean is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Thanks, Tim. I always enjoy your photos.
    Norm
    PCA
    Iowa

Our fair morning is at hand, the daystar is near the rising, and we are not many miles from home; what matters the ill entertainment in the smoky inns of this miserable life? We are not to stay here, and we will be dearly welcome to Him whom we go to. --The Loveliness of Christ, Samuel Rutherford

Blog Entries
    We don't call him the "Puritanboard Botanist" for nothing.
    "Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?” - Zechariah 3:2

James Helbert, Wytheville, VA
    Providence Reformed Presbyterian Church, RPCUS

TheBibleAlone.com / The Edinburgh Inn

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

Mindaboo is offline. Puritanboard Graduate
    That is cool! Thanks for sharing!
    Mindy
    Wife to Brad
    Mom to Austin, Taylor, William, Leah and Julia
    "I seek an inheritance incorruptible, undefiled, and that fadeth not away; and it is laid up in heaven, and safe there, to be bestowed, at the time appointed, on them that diligently seek it." John Bunyan "The Pilgrim's Progress"

LawrenceU is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Hey, Tim. For some reason I can't see your picture, and I want to do so very badly.
    'There's nae jouking in the cause of Christ' - James Guthrie

We shall not adjust our Bible to the age; but before we have done with it, by God's grace, we shall adjust the age to the Bible. - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Lawrence Underwood, Jr.
    Pastor - Providence Family Fellowship / Mobile, Alabama
    LBC
    My Blog - Imprimis

Deo Vindice

JBaldwin is offline. Puritanboard Postgraduate
    Quote Originally Posted by TimV View Post

I have a 400 foot greenhouse that I custom built. It's really efficient, but kind of jury rigged looking. I trade exotic seeds from all over the world with other nerds, so what I post are indeed mine

It's a natural love for plants and my way of sticking it to evolutionists, since none of the weird stuff I grow can be explained by anything other than creation. Sorry, Waltke, but in any biological subject where practical ability counts more than mindless snobbish theory, I'll kick your butt while laughing at you.
    I don't think I've even heard of a starfish flower before. That's amazing!
    J Baldwin
    Keowee Presbyterian Church, PCA
    Pickens, SC
    “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” Luke 10:27

Check Out My Blog: http://reflectjoy.blogspot.com/