Entertainment and Humor discuss Fresh Prince pranks Christian TV in the General Forums forums; A couple of days ago there was a thread about people being too serious. I think this should take care of that. BTW, if you've ...

Andres is offline. Puritanboard Doctor

Fresh Prince pranks Christian TV

A couple of days ago there was a thread about people being too serious. I think this should take care of that. BTW, if you've never seen The Fresh Prince of Bel Air or Star Wars, then these will be lost on you.

In this second video after the first joke at the beginning, be sure to watch around 2:01. After that joke, it pretty much just her scanning her emails because she thinks they are all fake.

Andrew Silva
    RE OPC (currently not serving)
    Dallas Reformed Presbyterian Church (RPCNA)
    North Dallas

My blog - Lose Your Life
    Follow me - Twitter

He is your friend who pushes you nearer to God. - Abraham Kuyper

awretchsavedbygrace is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore

"I thank Thee that many of my prayers have been refused. I have asked amiss and do not have, I have prayed from lusts and been rejected, I have longed for Egypt and been given a wilderness".-Valley of Vision ( collection of Purtan prayers)

Julio, Amaya
    Clifton, NewJersey
    Reformed Baptist Church of North Bergen
    Follow our blog: http://reformed-forhisglory.blogspot.com/

AThornquist is offline. Puritanboard Doctor

This Rick Roll is pretty good too:

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Hey there was a mini Rick Roll in the second video!

CIT
    CIT is offline. Puritanboard Postgraduate
    That brightened my day big time. Thanks for posting.
    B

toddpedlar is offline. Iron Dramatist
    Quite frankly, I think this is just about the dumbest attempt at humor I've ever seen. Clearly these pranks were played by people mocking Christianity. Why it's thought to be amusing is well beyond me. ( I guess I'm one of those who's just 'too serious' )
    Todd K. Pedlar
    member, First Congregational Church, (CCCC) Cresco, IA
    My Blog: In Principio Deus
    24/7 Reformed Internet Radio: Sola5 Radio

"As God did not at first choose you because you were high, He will not now forsake you because you are low."
    John Flavel in Keeping the Heart

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Joining PB's Politics & Government Forum

Andres is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by toddpedlar View Post
    Quite frankly, I think this is just about the dumbest attempt at humor I've ever seen. Clearly these pranks were played by people mocking Christianity. Why it's thought to be amusing is well beyond me. ( I guess I'm one of those who's just 'too serious' )
    well i took it as they were mocking the show and hosts, more so than God. I have come to expect the world to mock Christians and/or God though, so I thought this was just good for a light-hearted laugh. Besides, I think the hosts handled it well. They didn't react in anger or hate like the prankster probably anticipated, but just kind of went with the flow. The lady actually mentions at one point that at least the prankster is tuned in to the show.
    Andrew Silva
    RE OPC (currently not serving)
    Dallas Reformed Presbyterian Church (RPCNA)
    North Dallas

My blog - Lose Your Life
    Follow me - Twitter

He is your friend who pushes you nearer to God. - Abraham Kuyper

CIT
    CIT is offline. Puritanboard Postgraduate
    I was probably jumping to conclusions in that I assumed this channel was another 700 club type program. Although the prank is aimed at Christianity and poking fun of it, I would not deem 700 club or other similar programs a true face of Christianity and have done my fair share of poking fun at such programs.

It is like this video. It makes fun of Benny Hinn and calls him out as a false prophet.
    B