Music discuss Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah in the Entertainment and Humor forums; The Saint Severin Choir performs the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah : [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fu8YIG8uyQ"]YouTube - Handel: 'Hallelujah' [Chorus From Oratorio 'Messiah'][/ame]...

VirginiaHuguenot is offline. Puritanboard Librarian
    Blog Entries

Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah

The Saint Severin Choir performs the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fu8YIG8uyQ"]YouTube - Handel: 'Hallelujah' [Chorus From Oratorio 'Messiah'][/ame]
    Last edited by VirginiaHuguenot; 09-09-2007 at 06:05 PM.
    Andrew

Anton Bruckner is offline. Puritanboard Professor
    the Hallelujah chorus by Handel is the greatest piece of music he has written, and arguably the greatest piece of music ever written.
    ~Keon Garraway~ Brooklyn, NY Member of Franklin Square OPC

Love for God demonstrated by the love for our children in giving them a God centered education is the only hope for our country. by David Morrow
    Pslam 71:20 [Thou], which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

Ivan is offline. Pastor
    I haven't done a whole look of searching, but does anyone know where I can buy Handel's Messiah? And I mean the whole thing. I have only found parts of it on CD. I've listened to the whole thing in the past in it is fantastic.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Ivan Schoen ~ [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]The Church in [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Poplar Grove, IL[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black]=================================[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [LEFT][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black]"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives." ~ Henry David Thoreau[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black][/LEFT]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Messiah-George-Frederick-Philharmonic-Orchestra/dp/B000062T9E/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-7732259-8933648?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1189683178&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Messiah (George Frederick Handel) London Philharmonic Orchestra: Music: Handel,London Philharmonic Choir and Orchestra,Alldis[/ame]

Love for God demonstrated by the love for our children in giving them a God centered education is the only hope for our country. by David Morrow
    Pslam 71:20 [Thou], which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

Ivan is offline. Pastor
    Bought and paid for!

Thank you, Keon. I look forward to hearing this great work again.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Ivan Schoen ~ [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]The Church in [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Poplar Grove, IL[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black]=================================[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [LEFT][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black]"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives." ~ Henry David Thoreau[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black][/LEFT]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

no problemo. My favorite tracks are, "Who shall stand when He appeareth", and "And by His stripes we are healed". I consider the Hallelujah Chorus to be the icing on the cake, but overall this work is rich in theology since all the texts are taken directly from the Bible, especially from the book of Isaiah.

Ivan is offline. Pastor
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
    no problemo. My favorite tracks are, "Who shall stand when He appeareth", and "And by His stripes we are healed". I consider the Hallelujah Chorus to be the icing on the cake, but overall this work is rich in theology since all the texts are taken directly from the Bible, especially from the book of Isaiah.
    Amen, brother! The Chorus is the icing, but I agree...there is so much more! It's been far too long since I've listened to all of it.
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

VirginiaHuguenot is offline. Puritanboard Librarian
    Blog Entries
    As performed by the Ambrosian Singers:

Andrew