Philosophy discuss Definition of Post Modernism in the Apologetics Forum forums; How would you define Post Modernism? How do we define it from a Christian worldview?...

Blue Tick is offline. Puritanboard Graduate

Definition of Post Modernism

How would you define Post Modernism? How do we define it from a Christian worldview?
    John
    Christ Presbyterian Church (OPC)
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    [url]www.christpres.net[/url]

Scott Shahan is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    Postmodern, whatever seems right and true to you is your truth and your personal right. you are right, because being right feels right, and truth is only found in how you feel about things. God is who you would like Him to be. There are no absolutes and EVERYTHING is relative.
    Scott Shahan
    Member of First Evangelical Free Church, EFCA
    firstfreesf.org
    Sioux Falls, SD

Better is the sin which humbles me, than that duty which makes me proud.
    Thomas Watson

Semper Fidelis is offline. 2 Timothy 2:24-25
    Blog Entries
    I agree with some who have noted that Post Modernism is not really post modernism but simply another type of modernism.

Modernism made man the measure for truth. Modernists of the past were convinced that a universally binding Truth existed but that Truth was deduced or induced by the power of human reason or through the sciences where man measured and reported that Truth.

Post-modernism, however, is not the abandonment of man as the measure but simply the idea that a universally binding Truth exists. The new orthodoxy, with respect to modernism, is that each man is his own measure as long as no man is intolerant of this orthodoxy. That is to say that a man who decides that he wants to bear the News of an external and eternal Truth of the Scriptures is ruled as a heretic of the new orthodoxy. Post modernism is "man the measure" with a vengeance.
    Rich
    Ruling Elder, Licentiate, Under Care, Hope of Christ Church (PCA), Northern VA
    Student, New Geneva Theological Seminary

WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to build and promote your web site.
    SoliDeoGloria.com - A Community for Reformed Thought and Discussion

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

Theogenes is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    I think Post-Modernism is really nothing more than 20th century Existentialism taken to its absurd end.

Jim
    Jim
    An Elder, Harvest Reformed Church (RCUS),Minot, ND
    http://www.harvestreformedchurch.org/
    http://tbftgoggi.wordpress.com/
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/source_de...urceid=hrcrcus
    Upon a life I did not live; upon a death I did not die, Another's death, Another's life, I'd rest my soul eternally
    Omnia dicta fortiora,si dicta Latina
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

VirginiaHuguenot is offline. Puritanboard Librarian
    Blog Entries