Calvinism & The Doctrines of Grace discuss Mark Kielar? in the Theology forums; I would like to know what most Reformed people think of Mark Kielar Pastor of First Baptist Church of Boynton Beach? I have been listening ...

The Author of my Faith is offline. Puritanboard Freshman

Mark Kielar?

I would like to know what most Reformed people think of Mark Kielar Pastor of First Baptist Church of Boynton Beach?

I have been listening to him for about 1 year and personally have been challenged and encouraged in my walk with Christ.

He speaks highly of Brother Lawrence and Roy Hession which I heard one reformed believer suggest that these are dangerous teaching? Any insights?
    SGL

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
    who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,
    despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
    Hebrews 12:2
    1698 London Baptist Confession of Faith

rpavich is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    I don't know of the other folks mentioned by I have seen more than a few videos by Pastor Kielar and he speaks very clearly and explains things so they are easily understood.

I haven't seen a problem with his theology from the vids I've seen
    Robert
    Lay Person
    PCA
    West Virginia
    Go share your faith

Rogerant is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by The Author of my Faith View Post
    I would like to know what most Reformed people think of Mark Kielar Pastor of First Baptist Church of Boynton Beach?

I have been listening to him for about 1 year and personally have been challenged and encouraged in my walk with Christ.

He speaks highly of Brother Lawrence and Roy Hession which I heard one reformed believer suggest that these are dangerous teaching? Any insights?
    I have reviewed quite a few of Marks videos. He does a very good job of exegeting the difficult passages relating to the doctrines of grace. Here are a couple:

Rogerant
    Justified Sinner
    Redeemer Reformation Church
    Western Classis, URCNA
    Saskatchewan

The Author of my Faith is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Well I feel the same way. I have never heard him speak of anything that would cause Red Flags to go up. Nor have I ever felt the need to "Not throw out the baby with the bathwater" while listening to him. Unfortunately there are too many out there with a whole lotta bath water.

What about Brother Lawrence and Roy Hession? Anybody?
    SGL

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
    who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,
    despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
    Hebrews 12:2
    1698 London Baptist Confession of Faith

gritsrus is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by The Author of my Faith View Post

I've never heard him reference them, as of yet anyway. Maybe someone else here will know. I've listened to Pastor Kieler many times and have enjoyed his podcasts/videos.
    Rachel
    Baptist Church, Central FL
    ďA manís free will cannot cure him even of a toothache, or of a sore finger and yet he madly thinks it is in its power to cure his soul! The greatest judgment which God Himself can, in the present life, inflict upon a man is to leave him in the hands of his own boasted free will.Ē - Augustus Toplady (1740-1778)