Revelation & Eschatology discuss Hal Lindsey Leaving TBN in the The Scriptures forums; From Hal's Web Site: Refuses to Compromise to Stay on Air The following is a copy of my letter of resignation to Trinity Broadcasting Network. ...

tcalbrecht is offline. Puritanboard Junior

Hal Lindsey Leaving TBN

From Hal's Web Site:

Refuses to Compromise to Stay on Air

The following is a copy of my letter of resignation to Trinity Broadcasting Network. I want to make it clear that I bear no ill will toward TBN. I am thankful for the opportunities of ministry they gave me. It is just that we have two different beliefs about how to deal with false religion and evangelize those trapped within in it. Here is the letter:

http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/arti...rticleID=12286
    Surely this must be a sign of the end times. Who will receive the mark of the beast first, Hal or Paul?
    Tom Albrecht
    Attending Grace & Peace PCA, Pottstown, PA.

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

Anton Bruckner is offline. Puritanboard Professor
    Real sad. our dispy brethren over on rr are pretty down about this. I heard his anti arab views were conflicting with TBN's goal of evangelizing the middleeast.

but from my point of view. I could care less.
    ~Keon Garraway~ Brooklyn, NY Member of Franklin Square OPC

Love for God demonstrated by the love for our children in giving them a God centered education is the only hope for our country. by David Morrow
    Pslam 71:20 [Thou], which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

Scott is offline. Puritanboard Graduate
    From an ecclesiastical point of view, I find this statement interesting:
    I am sure of my calling from the LORD. One important part of that calling is to sound a prophetic alarm to America and the world about the dangers of the false religion of Fundamental Islam. It is a "Watchman on the Wall" kind of calling.
    What kind of call is this - a call to be a prophet on the wall? Is the "call" purely internal? What is authenticated by the established church?
    Scott Roberts
    Ruling Elder, Lakeside Presbyterian Church (PCA)
    Southlake, Texas

Originally posted by Scott
    I am sure of my calling from the LORD. One important part of that calling is to sound a prophetic alarm to America and the world about the dangers of the false religion of Fundamental Islam. It is a "Watchman on the Wall" kind of calling.
    What kind of call is this - a call to be a prophet on the wall? Is the "call" purely internal? What is authenticated by the established church?
    Dispensationalists/Charismatics/Evangelicals are usually liberal when it comes to the prophetic. People tend to give themselves titles which in some way make them get seen as the very thing the titles indicate, irregardless of the fruits they perpetuate and sound Biblical doctrine e.g Kim Clement etc

So we have people making prophecies, and calling themselves prophets, apostles, not in a general sense of the word (we are all called to be prophets in our homes, and followers of Christ), but in the strict sense of the word like Isaiah is to the Old Testament and Peter is to the New Testament.

I think its self delusion brought about from uncompromising adherence to certain false doctrines. A false doctrine in particular is that the spiritual culture that surrounded the Church in the New Testament, and the Old Testament is necessary for today i.e prophets, tongues etc.

While it can be for today it is not necessary for today. Why? Because we find in the Bible that John the Baptist was a prophet after over 400 years of non prophetic, non supernatural and non miraculous activity in Israel.

But since they beleive that it is necessary for today, and they see none of the signs manifesting themselves, they fall easy prey to their longings and unwittingly invent these signs for themselves, and then use these inventions as a means of validating Christianity, which is nothing more that sullying Christianity.

[Edited on 1-20-2006 by Slippery]

Love for God demonstrated by the love for our children in giving them a God centered education is the only hope for our country. by David Morrow
    Pslam 71:20 [Thou], which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

turmeric is offline. Megerator
    Blog Entries
    But whaddaya think? Should he stay or should he go now, in the immortal words of The Clash?
    The man who is disposed to think of his sin as a great calamity, rather than as a heinous crime, is not likely either to reverence God or to respect His law. - John Kennedy, 1873
    Meg
    Blog
    Member, Intown Presbyterian Church,PCA, Portland, OR

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

It really doesn't matter. A channel that mostly has erroneous teachers, dismissing another erroneous teacher for his erroneous teachings ....... hmmmmmmm.

"Indifferent"

VirginiaHuguenot is offline. Puritanboard Librarian
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by turmeric
    But whaddaya think? Should he stay or should he go now, in the immortal words of The Clash?
    If he stays there will be trouble, if he leaves it will be double.
    Andrew

Blog Entries
    The man who is disposed to think of his sin as a great calamity, rather than as a heinous crime, is not likely either to reverence God or to respect His law. - John Kennedy, 1873
    Meg
    Blog

BaptistCanuk is offline. Inactive User
    Originally posted by Scott
    I don't think he is saying it is a call. He is saying it is a "watchman on the wall" KIND of calling. Isn't that what we are all called to be? Aren't we supposed to be doing intercessory prayer?

VirginiaHuguenot is offline. Puritanboard Librarian
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzNuF2QD-mI]Should I Stay or Should I Go?[/ame]
    Andrew

gregbed is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzNuF2QD-mI]Should I Stay or Should I Go?[/ame]
    I am sure of my calling from the LORD. One important part of that calling is to sound a prophetic alarm to America and the world about the dangers of the false religion of Fundamental Islam.
    Or maybe:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfwO-Ri7ZTw]Rock the Casbah[/ame]
    Greg Bednarchik
    Sovereign Grace Church
    (part of Sovereign Grace Ministries)
    Cherry Hill NJ

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by gregbed
    I am sure of my calling from the LORD. One important part of that calling is to sound a prophetic alarm to America and the world about the dangers of the false religion of Fundamental Islam.
    Or maybe:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfwO-Ri7ZTw]Rock the Casbah[/ame]
    Rock the Casbah, baby!

the Clash really seems to speak to this issue!
    Meg
    Blog