Revelation & Eschatology discuss Frog Demons in the The Scriptures forums; Rev. 16:13 reads: "Then I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the ...

Scott is offline. Puritanboard Graduate

Frog Demons

Rev. 16:13 reads: "Then I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet."

I am reading LaHaye's Armageddon (book 513 of the Left Behind series). Anyway, this is how he interprets the above passage. The antichrist, a human inhabited by Satan, opens his mouth and two slimy physical frogs exit his mouth and enter into two robotic like humans (the humans looked like normal humans but appeared to be in a hypnotic state or something - nothing else said about this weirdness). Then, the False Prophet, another human who leads the cult of the antichrist, opens his mouth and a third physical frog demon exits his mouth and enters a third robotic human. When the spirits enter the robotic humans animate. The frogs are Baal, Asherah, and Cankerworm.

Well, at least he is being consistent to his own standard of literalism, I suppose.

So, what do you guys think of this? Who or what do you think the frog spirits are or represent?

I also want to apologize, I should have preceded this message with a "SPOILER - WARNING."

Scott
    Scott Roberts
    Ruling Elder, Lakeside Presbyterian Church (PCA)
    Southlake, Texas

Kevin is offline. Puritanboard Doctor

Sounds like a bad trip!
    TE Kevin Rogers
    MNA Church Planter
    Redeemer Community Church
    Moncton NB

ReformedWretch is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Ralph E. Bass Jr. writes that these "evil spirits" went out of Rome and her leaders (Nero, etc.) and brought forth unity. At this time (AD60) Rome was not united. Brittian had risen up under Boudicca to revolt from Rome.

It took these evil spirits doing signs and wonders to call Rome back into a solidartity it needed to attack Jerusalem.

The frogs were yet another example as to how Jerusalem was now like Egypt.

Revelation 11:8

and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified.

larryjf is offline. Puritanboard Senior
    Blog Entries
    I like the Geneva Bible note on the frogs...

Croaking with all importunity and continually day and night provoking and calling forth to arms, as the trumpets and furies of wars, as is declared in (Rev 16:14).
    Larry Bray
    Elder - Reformed Presbyterian Church of Boothwyn, PCA
    Boothwyn, PA - http://www.rpcb.org/
    Free Online Reformed Seminary - http://www.tnars.net
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Christian ritual costs nothing and is worth nothing. True Christian religion costs all that we have and is worth everything.

Blueridge Believer is offline. Puritanboard Professor
    Originally posted by Kevin

Sounds like a bad trip!
    Lahayes book!!!! They could be Godzilla and Mothra!

[Edited on 10-10-2006 by Blueridge reformer]
    Psa 55:16 As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
    Psa 55:17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
    James Farley
    Husband of Melissa and father of Ann.
    Grandfather to Owen and Claire
    Member and precentor of Psalms at Grace Reformed Presbyterian, Dublin Va.

py3ak is offline. They're stalling and plotting against me
    That's funny, Trevor. That caught my eye too. Of course, I have nothing helpful to contribute except to be glad on that on my eschatology there is very little danger that a frog will ever crawl out of my mouth: it would make a good scene for a movie, though.
    Ruben: Administrator
    NCCC-OP
    Steger, IL

...analogy does not mean identity. When we make a comparison we do not make an equation. -John Murray

Board Rules - Signature Requirements - Suggestions?

Teología en Mexico
    The Howling Wilderness

turmeric is offline. Megerator
    Blog Entries
    Brek-kek-kek-kex-ko-ax-ko-ax!
    The man who is disposed to think of his sin as a great calamity, rather than as a heinous crime, is not likely either to reverence God or to respect His law. - John Kennedy, 1873
    Meg
    Blog
    Member, Intown Presbyterian Church,PCA, Portland, OR

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

JM
    JM is offline. Puritanboard Professor
    LaHaye Prophecy Bible reads, "three unclean spirits like frogs. The satanic trinity (Satan, Beast, and False Prophet) will send these spirits (probably the chief fallen angels in Satan's hierarhcy) "out of the mouth" of Satan himself to deceive the kings of the world into gathering their armies to prepare for what is best known as the Battle of Armageddon. They will gather in the valley of Megiddo, which Napoleon proclaimed to be the most ideal battlefield in the world." [end quote]

I got this Bible real cheap, it seems they're not selling like they thought, it was in a sale bin along with A Case for Amillennialism and now I have both.

It sits on my shelf gathering dust so if anyone wants to know what LaHaye wrote, just post the v. and I'll look it up. If no one posts, it'll continue to gather dust.

Jason
    Particular Baptist
    Ontario, Canada
    twitter
    Feileadh Mor
    YouTube

We must remember that literally all our salvation is in Christ. - Herman Hoeksema

VictorBravo is offline. Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Scott

I am reading LaHaye's Armageddon (book 513 of the Left Behind series).
    Are there really 513 books in this series? The guy must be cranking them out like tadpoles in a spring puddle.
    R. Victor Bottomly
    Port Cities Reformed Baptist Church, Lewiston ID

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- How to access Politics and Government forum

Anton Bruckner is offline. Puritanboard Professor
    Originally posted by victorbravo
    Originally posted by Scott

I am reading LaHaye's Armageddon (book 513 of the Left Behind series).
    Are there really 513 books in this series? The guy must be cranking them out like tadpoles in a spring puddle.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    ~Keon Garraway~ Brooklyn, NY Member of Franklin Square OPC

Love for God demonstrated by the love for our children in giving them a God centered education is the only hope for our country. by David Morrow
    Pslam 71:20 [Thou], which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.