View Poll Results: How do you regard Oct. 31, Halloween?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ghoulish decor, costumes, trick or treating, the whole experience.

6 6.74%
  • Costumes and trick or treating.

10 11.24%
  • Reformation Day only.

36 40.45%
  • Reformation Day plus trick or treating.

16 17.98%
  • Undecided

2 2.25%
  • Rat brains!

19 21.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cults & World Religions discuss Do you regard Oct. 31, Halloween? in the Apologetics Forum forums; Originally Posted by he beholds P.S. One thing we DEFINITELY do is go to Chipotle! If you put foil on your body in some way ...

Andres is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by he beholds View Post
    P.S.

One thing we DEFINITELY do is go to Chipotle! If you put foil on your body in some way to look like a burrito, you get a free burrito!! We have done this for the last three years and their burritos are HUGE. This year the kids will be old enough to eat one, so we'll even put foil on them!

Weird picture, but like this:
    Wow! Thanks for the tip! I loooove Chipotle. Sadly, there is not one where I live. I will be sure to tell everyone I know that lives nearby one though.
    Andrew Silva
    RE OPC (currently not serving)
    Dallas Reformed Presbyterian Church (RPCNA)
    North Dallas

My blog - Lose Your Life
    Follow me - Twitter

He is your friend who pushes you nearer to God. - Abraham Kuyper

Augusta is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    So does it have to be on one's head?
    Nope. I'm pretty sure you just have to have foil somewhere on your person. I don't think it even has to necessarily look like a burrito. I bet if you wrapped your forearm it would work. You can always try something very minor and if they say it doesn't pass don't order until you fix it. They do this just as a promotion, so they really aren't sticklers. The lady on the phone said "bring all your friends!"
    This might be what we do this year. Thanks! I will have to ask if ours does this.

I am wondering just what Josh has in mind for his tin foil. Burrito sized muscles or something.....
    Traci
    Lynnwood OPC

"I have taken all my good deeds, and all my bad deeds, and cast them through each other in a heap before the Lord, and fled from both, and betaken myself to the Lord Jesus Christ, and in him I have sweet peace."--David Dickson

charliejunfan is offline. Puritanboard Senior
    Blog Entries
    I don't think I have the resources this year, but someday I would like to have myself and anyone else who participates dress up like Puritans or something, watch the Martin Luther movie(s), and drink some golden ale

and also give candy to trick or treaters while wishing them a happy Reformation Day
    [I][B]~ Charles Stephen Barribeau ~[/B][/I]
    :vantil:[URL="http://christ-opc.org/default.aspx"][B]Christ Presbyterian Church[/B] [/URL], [B]OPC[/B] (They sing alot of Psalms!)
    [B]:manton:Original Westminster Standards[/B] (I need to study more...)
    :gillespie:[B]The Puritans were best! Also... I NEED TO READ MORE!!![/B]
    :calvin:[B]Philipians1:29(KJV) For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;[/B]

[B]Janesville, Wisconsin[/B] [I][B](In the fellowship of Bob Vigneault and Matt+Megan Meisberger)[/B][/I]

Berean is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    I forget what exactly we did for him, but somehow we got foil to stay on his head. You could probably cover a baseball hat or something.

This is NOT my husband, but here is a guy doing it:

I just called my Chipotle to make sure it is on for this year, and the lady said it is from 6pm till 10 this year, just so you know : )
    That guy looks like Mister Baked Potato Head.
    Norm
    PCA
    Iowa

Our fair morning is at hand, the daystar is near the rising, and we are not many miles from home; what matters the ill entertainment in the smoky inns of this miserable life? We are not to stay here, and we will be dearly welcome to Him whom we go to. --The Loveliness of Christ, Samuel Rutherford

he beholds is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    I forget what exactly we did for him, but somehow we got foil to stay on his head. You could probably cover a baseball hat or something.

This is NOT my husband, but here is a guy doing it:

I just called my Chipotle to make sure it is on for this year, and the lady said it is from 6pm till 10 this year, just so you know : )
    That guy looks like Mister Baked Potato Head.
    He does look baked.
    J.L.

OPC'n is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Blog Entries
    For me it's a time when I wait for my niece to get home with all her candy and help her eat it all in one sitting!.....yep, that's why I've joined a gym!
    sarah
    providence (Only Perfect Church)
    wi coldest snowiest state in the union

Berean is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by OPC'n View Post
    For me it's a time when I wait for my niece to get home with all her candy and help her eat it all in one sitting!.....yep, that's why I've joined a gym!
    As a Doctor you should know better and set an example.
    Norm
    PCA
    Iowa

Our fair morning is at hand, the daystar is near the rising, and we are not many miles from home; what matters the ill entertainment in the smoky inns of this miserable life? We are not to stay here, and we will be dearly welcome to Him whom we go to. --The Loveliness of Christ, Samuel Rutherford

NateLanning is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    We don't celebrate either day. I've always had a hard time getting excited about holidays, religious or otherwise. Maybe I'm just lazy.

Manuel is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    I come from the Dominican Republic where there is absolutely no Halloween tradition, so for me, Oct. 31st is just another day, sometimes I don't even remember that it's Halloween until trick-or-treaters show up. I do remember Reformation day, though.
    Manuel Rivas
    Merritt Island, Fl

Jack K is offline. Puritanboard Graduate
    Our neighbors and their kids are having fun with trick or treating and costumes, so we've made a point of being home and joining in as best we can. There are so few easy opportunities to relate to the neighbors, we hate to let it pass. We try to avoid the overtly goulish or anything that seems to be bringing obvious glory to the devil. But we don't wish to be party poopers. It helps to party with your neighbors before trying to preach to them.
    Jack K.
    PCA, worshiping with some fine Baptists in Colorado
    Gospel Teacher website
    Show Them Jesus: Teaching the Gospel to Kids

Vonnie Dee is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    We will be at church celebrating Reformation Day. Our church is set up in stations that celebrate: the Diet of Worms, Theses on the Door, Stained glass church window, the transformation in the forest, alms for the poor, and a quiz of a famous reformer. This year's person is William Tyndale. People dress up in period costumes.
    Evon Taylor
    Community Bible Church
    Swansea, Il

William Price is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    The school I work at is having a Fall Carnival today. I have to work it w/o pay, but I am celebrating Reformation Day myself. Think I might hum some hymns and stand like Luther in the yard this morning... just like any other day.
    Bill Price
    Attends Lillja Road Baptist Church
    Reformation and Revival

Scott1 is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Honestly,

I pretty much try to avoid it.

Jessi mentioned dressing up like a burrito for a free chipotle burrito, and a huge one at that- now that sounds a little tempting, though.
    Scott
    PCA
    North Carolina

Post Tenebras Lux; "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." - Revelation 21:4

Bern is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    I didn't vote as I don't know what Rat Brains is supposed to mean. I'm English
    Bern
    Reformed Baptist
    Kent UK

kvanlaan is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    I don't know that we celebrate Reformation Day to cover over Halloween in the same way that Christmas covers over Saturnalia. That is indeed the day that Martin Luther posted his 95 theses. If he had posted them on May 5th, would we not have Reformation Day on May 5th and simply ignore Halloween altogether?
    Kevin, husband of a truly angelic woman, and father to twelve.
    Zion United Reformed Church of Sheffield
    Ontario, Canada

William Price is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    I already do. Halloween is a pagan and satanic holy day. I am happy, though, to celebrate a day which we acknowledge God's provision, grace, and guidance in starting the Reformation.
    Bill Price
    Attends Lillja Road Baptist Church
    Reformation and Revival

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kvanlaan View Post
    I don't know that we celebrate Reformation Day to cover over Halloween in the same way that Christmas covers over Saturnalia. That is indeed the day that Martin Luther posted his 95 theses. If he had posted them on May 5th, would we not have Reformation Day on May 5th and simply ignore Halloween altogether?
    Hmmm. I wonder....
    "Is this not a brand plucked from the fire? - Zechariah 3:2

James Helbert, Wytheville, VA
    Providence Reformed Presbyterian Church, RPCUS

TheBibleAlone.com / The Edinburgh Inn

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12