Updates & Information discuss MAJOR PB ANNOUNCEMENT: Late Night Poster Uses the Word "Cute", But Wants it Hidden from the Reformed World in the Information and Introductions forums; That's right, folks. One of our very own young poster men has u2u'd me using the word "cute". And he requested it not be made ...

Joshua is offline. _
    Blog Entries

MAJOR PB ANNOUNCEMENT: Late Night Poster Uses the Word "Cute", But Wants it Hidden from the Reformed World

That's right, folks. One of our very own young poster men has u2u'd me using the word "cute". And he requested it not be made known. It's too late...and that poster is...

Nevermind.
    Josh
    CCRPC, RPCGA

WrittenFromUtopia is offline. Inactive User
    Heresy.

Puddleglum is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    Um . . . I'm not getting this (I think it's meant to be a joke, right?) . . . probably because I'm as tired as you are!
    Jessica H.
    Church: www.eopckent.org (OPC)
    Work: www.uwmedicine.org/Facilities/Harborview/

Oh make this heart rejoice or ache; / Decide this doubt for me; / And if it be not broken, break -- / And heal it, if it be. ~William Cowper

Joshua is offline. _
    Blog Entries
    Yes, Jess...it's a joke. Hey, that rhymed! I'm on a roll! Not the kind you eat, either!
    Josh
    CCRPC, RPCGA

Bladestunner316 is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

"Man is nothing: he hath a free will to go to hell, but none to go to heaven, till God worketh in him to will and to do his good pleasure"
    GEORGE WHITEFIELD TO JOHN WESLEY

My Blog

PuritanCovenanter is offline. The Norseman Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Whoever it was must have been talking about Joshua's baby girl. Aint she a button. (button; as in something that adorns another.) She is a cutie.

Norseman Moderator

Randy Martin Snyder
    RPCNA Covenanter's Blog

"Our object should not be to have scripture on our side but to be on the side of scripture; and however dear any sentiment may have become by being long entertained, so soon as it is seen to be contrary to the Bible, we must be prepared to abandon it without hesitation."
    William Symington

RSI FacebookReformation Society of Indiana
    Twitter RPCNACovenanter
    Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions? -- Joining PB Politics and Government Forums

Puddleglum is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    Lol . . . talk about rolls enough and you'll start making me hungry . . . forget that, I'm already getting hungry!

[Edited on 8-28-2005 by Puddleglum]
    Jessica H.
    Church: www.eopckent.org (OPC)
    Work: www.uwmedicine.org/Facilities/Harborview/

Oh make this heart rejoice or ache; / Decide this doubt for me; / And if it be not broken, break -- / And heal it, if it be. ~William Cowper

Joshua is offline. _
    Blog Entries
    Yup...she's a beauty! Thanks!
    Josh
    CCRPC, RPCGA

Joshua is offline. _
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Puddleglum
    Lol . . . talk about [i]rolls[i/] enough and you'll start making me hungry . . . forget that, I'm already getting hungry!

Mmmm...Rolls.
    Josh
    CCRPC, RPCGA

She is the other guy in the picture though could use some help :bigsmile:
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

"Man is nothing: he hath a free will to go to hell, but none to go to heaven, till God worketh in him to will and to do his good pleasure"

My Blog

who mentioned rolls??? safeway has sesame street seed rolls good stuff.

blade
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

My Blog

PuritanCovenanter is offline. The Norseman Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Pass the butter.

Norseman Moderator

Randy Martin Snyder
    RPCNA Covenanter's Blog

"Our object should not be to have scripture on our side but to be on the side of scripture; and however dear any sentiment may have become by being long entertained, so soon as it is seen to be contrary to the Bible, we must be prepared to abandon it without hesitation."
    William Symington

RSI FacebookReformation Society of Indiana
    Twitter RPCNACovenanter
    Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions? -- Joining PB Politics and Government Forums

Joshua is offline. _
    Blog Entries
    Whoa! Is there anyway to downsize that pic, Nate?
    Josh
    CCRPC, RPCGA

yeah delete it
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

My Blog

Poimen is offline. Puritanboard Postgraduate
    Originally posted by joshua
    That's right, folks. One of our very own young poster men has u2u'd me using the word "cute". And he requested it not be made known. It's too late...and that poster is...

Nevermind.
    Cute? I don't feel so well...

I think I'm going to--

Rev. Daniel Kok
    Pastor in the St. Lawrence Presbytery of the RPCNA
    Leduc, Alberta CANADA

"What sort of pledge and how great is this of love towards us! Christ lives for us not for himself!"
    John Calvin, Commentary on the Hebrews (7:25)

What some one cant be exspressive?
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

My Blog

LawrenceU is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    She is the other guy in the picture though could use some help :bigsmile:
    THAT is a sentence in dire need of a comma.

[Edited on 8-28-2005 by LawrenceU]
    'There's nae jouking in the cause of Christ' - James Guthrie

We shall not adjust our Bible to the age; but before we have done with it, by God's grace, we shall adjust the age to the Bible. - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Lawrence Underwood, Jr.
    Pastor - Providence Family Fellowship / Mobile, Alabama
    LBC
    My Blog - Imprimis

Deo Vindice

BrianBowman is offline. Posting Priviledges Revoked
    Originally posted by puritancovenanter
    Whoever it was must have been talking about Joshua's baby girl. Aint she a button. (button; as in something that adorns another.) She is a cutie.
    Yep, the baby-girl has to be the reason for the "Cute" word!
    Brian Bowman
    St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church
    Apex, NC

LadyFlynt is offline. Inactive User
    I say we forgive on those terms.
    JC - PCA - PA...homesick for SC
    A we n' de Ya, ho; I mak sikker; Deus juvat

Indicabo tibi o homo quid sit bonum, et quid Dominus requirat a te: Utique facere iudicium, et diligere, misericordiam, et sollicitum ambulare cum Deo tuo. Michaeas 6:8

"Who says you can't go back, been all around the world and as a matter of fact. There's only one place left I want to go, who says you can't go home" Bon Jovi

Joshua is offline. _
    Blog Entries
    Seriously, She IS Cute...look, I, Mr Manly Man, used the term cute

Josh
    CCRPC, RPCGA

SolaScriptura is offline. Puritanboard Softy

Josh, your daughter is cute. I'm as manly a guy as any I know and I don't feel the need to apologize for using that word.
    Why?

Because...
    (The following is an excpert from my as-of-yet unpublished work How to be a Manly Man in a Girly World)

It is acceptable to use descriptives which typically reflect a feminine aesthetic when these terms are used in reference to those who are, in fact, female. Thus, a Manly Man can safely say to his wife, 'Honey, you are adorable.' Likewise, it is permissible for a grandfather to dote over his granddaughter with words of endearment such as 'You are the cutest little precious in the world.' What is important to note, is that while a Manly Man may employ these terms in describing females, he may NEVER say of another male 'You look beautiful' or 'You're the cutest little bundle of joy I've ever seen' or some other such phrase. To do so reveals that a major breach of Manly Man Policy has occured.
    :bigsmile:
    Ben
    Chaplain, US Army
    Stuttgart, Germany
    TE Potomac Presbytery, PCA
    www.thebenaddiction.com

"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'would an idiot do that?' And if they would, I do not do that thing." -- Dwight Schrute

"I've been so thoroughly trained that I don't even need to think before I speak." -- Harry Crumb

LadyFlynt is offline. Inactive User
    I wanted to say "adorable", but that would have on adoration' in theological terms.
    JC - PCA - PA...homesick for SC
    A we n' de Ya, ho; I mak sikker; Deus juvat

Indicabo tibi o homo quid sit bonum, et quid Dominus requirat a te: Utique facere iudicium, et diligere, misericordiam, et sollicitum ambulare cum Deo tuo. Michaeas 6:8

"Who says you can't go back, been all around the world and as a matter of fact. There's only one place left I want to go, who says you can't go home" Bon Jovi

Joshua is offline. _
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by SolaScriptura

Josh, your daughter is cute. I'm as manly a guy as any I know and I don't feel the need to apologize for using that word.
    Why?

Because...
    (The following is an excpert from my as-of-yet unpublished work How to be a Manly Man in a Girly World)

It is acceptable to use descriptives which typically reflect a feminine aesthetic when these terms are used in reference to those who are, in fact, female. Thus, a Manly Man can safely say to his wife, 'Honey, you are adorable.' Likewise, it is permissible for a grandfather to dote over his granddaughter with words of endearment such as 'You are the cutest little precious in the world.' What is important to note, is that while a Manly Man may employ these terms in describing females, he may NEVER say of another male 'You look beautiful' or 'You're the cutest little bundle of joy I've ever seen' or some other such phrase. To do so reveals that a major breach of Manly Man Policy has occured.
    :bigsmile:
    I agree wholeheartedly, Sir. I'm completely secure in saying the term cute within the realms of which you've so eloquently laid out before us. The only reason I started the gratuitous thread is because the one who originally used the term in question specifically went out of his way to ensure that it would not be made public. I was just trying to ease him of his insecurity in such a minute matter.
    Josh
    CCRPC, RPCGA

Ok ok it was me................jeeesh.......................... ............
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

My Blog

Jeff_Bartel is offline. Puritanboard Postgraduate
    Didn't "cute" used to mean (in olden days) "bow-legged"?

turmeric is offline. Megerator
    Blog Entries
    Gabriel, your new avatar is so....so.....manly!
    The man who is disposed to think of his sin as a great calamity, rather than as a heinous crime, is not likely either to reverence God or to respect His law. - John Kennedy, 1873
    Meg
    Blog
    Member, Intown Presbyterian Church,PCA, Portland, OR

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

Cottonball is offline. Inactive User
    Manly Man Policy!!!

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." Eccl 9:10

G.S.Harwood
    Member, St.Paul's Presbyterian
    student, University of Toronto (unfortunately)

Well Im no man though i appear as one physically.

blade
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

My Blog

Ken S. is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    " ? "
    Ken Suen
    Peace Evangelical Church(Hong Kong, China)

Im just saying I dont consider myslef to be a "Man" yet. Im neither mature nor spiritually mature to be given a title of manhood.

blade
    Nathan Olaf Brandal

My Blog