The Pilgrims Progress discuss Looking for a reformed Church in Akron Ohio Area in the The Christian Walk forums; My wife and I have been church hopping lately. We are trying to find a good reformed church in the Akron Ohio area. We have ...

jrdnoland is offline. Puritanboard Freshman

Looking for a reformed Church in Akron Ohio Area

My wife and I have been church hopping lately. We are trying to find a good reformed church in the Akron Ohio area.

We have tried Heritage Reformed Baptist and are currently trying Faith Bible in Canton. Both have many positive areas but I'm not convinced that either is the church God is calling us to.

Are there any belonging to these boards, in my area, that know if any other reformed churches within a reasonably distance?
    Jeff
    Akron, Ohio
    Member Faith PCA Akron, Ohio

1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

fredtgreco is offline. Vanilla Westminsterian
    There is Faith PCA in Akron, OH.

There is also Zion PCA in Winesburg.

Both are good Reformed churches. I know the congregation of Faith (the current pastor arrived after I left Ohio, but I hear very encouraging things about his ministry. The pastor of Zion is a close friend.
    Fred Greco
    Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA (Katy, TX)
    Christ Church Blog

"The heart is the main thing in true religion...It is the hinge and turning-point in the condition of man's soul. If the heart is alive to God and quickened by the Spirit, the man is a living Christian. If the heart is dead and has not the Spirit, the man is dead before God." (J.C. Ryle)

Thank you Fred. I will investigate their web pages and will probably visit Faith, it's only about 7 miles from me.

Zion is a little further but I will have a look.
    Jeff
    Akron, Ohio

1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Pastor Mark is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Jeff,
    I will second what Fred said. It may be self-serving, since I am that pastor. I look forward to meeting you next sabbath.
    Mark
    Mark Scholten
    TE Faith Presbyterian Church
    PCA
    Akron, Ohio

N. Eshelman is offline. Puritanboard Senior
    There is also an RPCNA work in that area.

Pastor Mark is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Nate,
    Yes there RPCNA work came out of a church that Faith planted some years ago (now called Redeemer PCA.) Some good folks there, but a greater travel from Canton.
    Pastor Mark
    Mark Scholten
    TE Faith Presbyterian Church
    PCA
    Akron, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Mark View Post
    Jeff,
    I will second what Fred said. It may be self-serving, since I am that pastor. I look forward to meeting you next sabbath.
    Mark
    Pastor Mark - thank you for taking the time to invite me to your church. I've been looking at your website and plan on listening to a few of your sermons before coming to visit. We will, Lord willing, be there this Sunday.

My wife and I are in Akron, only about 7 miles from your church, we've been going to Faith in Canton for 8 weeks. We like much of what we see there but are not convinced that it is where the Lord wants us to be now.
    Jeff
    Akron, Ohio

CalvinandHodges is offline. Puritanboard Junior