Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Pilgrims Progress discuss About heavy metal and christianity in the The Christian Walk forums; Should born again christian listen and play heavy metal? Is heavy metal totally satanīs music or is every music neutral? What about so called "christian ...

KaphLamedh is offline. Puritanboard Freshman

About heavy metal and christianity

Should born again christian listen and play heavy metal? Is heavy metal totally satanīs music or is every music neutral?
    What about so called "christian rock or heavy metal"? Is it possible to use heavy metal music as tool for spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

I was heavy metal musician, secular one, before I was born again christian. I think it is impossible to use heavy metal. I feel everytime bad when I hear heavy metal, no mather is it christian or secular.
    Is metal music satanic or do I just think it is satanic?
    I donīt want to fight with anyone, but I want to hear what other true christians think of it. If christian can listen to heavy metal, where is the line?
    Kai
    Looking for the church
    The Baptist Confession of Faith (1689)
    Vaasa, Finland

Zenas is offline. Snow Miser
    What does God's Word say? It's silent as to this sort of specific so far as I can tell. The only thing I can imagine applying so as to discern guidance is Paul's instruction that while all things are legal, not all are profitable. Profitability, for the most part, I think falls under subjective determination. What may be profitable to you might not for me. One of the most conspicuous examples of this is alcohol.

Line drawing and trying to determine and label particular forms of music as sinful delves into legalism and adding to God's Word where it hasn't spoken. Surely, there are songs that are in and of themselves sinful because they're blasphemous. However, simply because a song is secular or of a particular genre of music doesn't, by itself, make it sinful. The genre of heavy metal is no more sinful than the genre of country music. However, a song of either genre that blasphemed God would be.

Wayne is offline. Tempus faciendi, Domine.
    It can certainly have very negative associations, but at its core, it is basically just the worst sort of music and barely deserving that label.
    Wayne Sparkman, Th.M., C.A.
    Director, PCA Historical Center, St. Louis, MO
    Blogs: The Continuing Story and This Day in Presbyterian History
    Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

"Remember, it is not hasty reading, but serious meditating upon holy and heavenly truths, that make them prove sweet and profitable to the soul...It is not he that reads most , but he that meditates most, that will prove the choicest, sweetest, wisest and strongest Christian." - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680) [HT: Hamalas]

Zenas is offline. Snow Miser
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    It can certainly have very negative associations, but at its core, it is basically just the worst sort of music and barely deserving that label.

That's merely your opinion though and due largely to a matter of taste. I don't find the type of music appealing either. However, there are some who enjoy it and yet find classic rock or country music abbhorrent and barely deserving of the title of music.
    The following users found this post helpful:

Andrew
    Member, Independent Presbyterian Church (PCA)

Southern Twang is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    I enjoy heavy metal done by Christians. Christian heavy metal tends to have more uplifting lyrics that call us to persevere in times of hardship. A lot of secular bands mainly express hatred, anger, depression, or some less than positive thought. Of course, not all secular bands do this, but I am troubled by most of the ones I listen to.

Heavy metal is like coffee to me. Instead of a coffee in the morning, I crank up the heavy metal and I'm ready to go

I'd be interested to see a Biblical case against metal/rock without tainting the argument with culture, taste, and preference bias.
    Dewey D
    BHPC, PCA
    Chattanooga, TN

Reformed Thomist is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by KaphLamedh View Post
    Is it possible to use heavy metal music as tool for spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
    Sure. Why not?
    N.F. Tyler, Hon. B.A. with Distinction (St. Michael's College, Toronto)
    St. Paul's, Bloor Street (Anglican Church of Canada)
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Evangelical, Calvinistic, Prayer Book'er

Thirty-Nine Articles

A.J. is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    Should born again christian listen and play heavy metal? Is heavy metal totally satanīs music or is every music neutral?
    What about so called \"christian rock or heavy metal\"? Is it possible to use heavy metal music as tool for spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

I was heavy metal musician, secular one, before I was born again christian. I think it is impossible to use heavy metal. I feel everytime bad when I hear heavy metal, no mather is it christian or secular.
    I donīt want to fight with anyone, but I want to hear what other true christians think of it. If christian can listen to heavy metal, where is the line?
    You have raised good questions. A book I recently read discusses this in detail:

Amazon.com: Why I Left The Contemporary Christian Music Movement: Confessions Of A Former Worship Leader (9780852345177): Dan Lucarini, John Blanchard: Books

The author, Dan Lucarini (who was involved in the "Contemporary Christian Music" movement himself), explains and gives reasons as to why it is inappropriate to use "Christian Rock" into the worship service. He does offer sound reasons one being the unavoidable association of rock music's origins with sexual immorality, drugs, etc. Lucarini also addresses the "music is neutral" objection of "Contemporary Christian Music" advocates.

One big problem I have with the book, however, is that its author is not Reformed and thus does not hold to the Regulative Principle of Worship (RPW). Some of his conclusions on worship are simply and totally unacceptable in a Reformed Lord's Day worship service.

So is it possible to use metal music as a tool for spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ? Some people may think, of course, that it is possible but Bible-believing Christians would do well to use the God-appointed means in the converting of sinners to Christ, namely, the pure preaching of the gospel.

A contemporary defense of the RPW is Hart and Muether's

Amazon.com: With Reverence and Awe: Returning to the Basics of Reformed Worship (9780875521794): D. G. Hart, John R. Muether: Books

This book I think offers a better approach than Lucarini's in examining issues like this.
    Albert, The Republic of the Philippines
    Deacon, Pasig Covenant Reformed Church
    Pasig City, Metro Manila
    Under the indirect oversight of the Trinity United Reformed Church (URCNA)
    Walnut Creek, CA

“Perseverance is the badge of true saints. The Christian life is not a beginning only in the ways of God, but also a continuance in the same as long as life lasts.” -

CIT
    CIT is offline. Puritanboard Postgraduate
    I think there is also a difference between using Christian rock in worship and listening to Christian rock outside of church. I would not like to see a rock-filled worship service, but I enjoy heavy metal, rock, and anything else with beautiful guitar riffs and solos.
    B

Skyler is offline. Puritanboard Graduate

MrMerlin777 is offline. Puritanboard Postgraduate
    There are many sub genres in heavy metal music. Some are more uplifting than others. One can usually hear the blues and even classical influences in the differing forms of metal music depending on the sub genre. There are some sub genres of metal that ,as a metal fan, even I have little affection for.
    Donald Jacobs
    Roanoke VA.
    Covenant Reformed Episcopal Church.

Cum vero infirmor tunc potens sum.

In summary, my main points are that, first of all, the only way something can be wrong (as opposed to simply disliked) is if it is forbidden by an authority--either God, the government, or (in the case of one who is still under his parents' authority) parents. God does not specifically forbid any particular kind of music.

However, some kinds of music do have psychological effects on people and can cause you to sin. Particularly--though not necessarily--music with ungodly lyrics, which can lead to a conscience that is insensitive to sin.

This can be observed in another area in that if you work around people who frequently use vulgar swear words/take the name of the Lord in vain, you become "accustomed" to it and it no longer hits you with the abhorrence that it should.
    Jonathan
    Reformed Baptist
    Ohio

My blog: Middle of the Narrow Way

jason d is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    i love to listen to it and i love to make this kind of music. if you can't listen or play it in good conscience then don't, if you can then you have that liberty.

Joseph Scibbe is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    Though I would be uncomfortable using heavy metal in a worship service I have no problem listening to it outside the service...even when I had my office in the chapel. I don't think any music style is inherently sinful but the lyrics can drive it to either side.
    Joseph Scibbe
    Chaplain Assistant
    Fort Lewis, WA

1 Thessalonians 2:4
    but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

http://twitter.com/just_joe_scibbe

Christian Soldier is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    I enjoyed metal before my conversion and still do. Immediately after I was saved I was made to feel so guilty by legalistic Christians that I threw away all of my secular music and made my wife do the same. I then bought a bunch of Southern Gospel CDs because it appeared that was the only acceptable and sanctified music for Christians. I never could get into that genre so I eventually just stopped listening to music altogether. I thought something was wrong with me because I didn't enjoy that style of music and still wanted to listen to metal and alternative. This is where legalism leads.

I have since started rebuilding my collection (and my wife's) because I see nothing in Scripture that would prohibit a certain style of music. I see it as a matter of preference. I believe discernment should be used however, because there are lyrics that accompany music that are certainly sinful and this goes for any music genre.

And while I would have problems with metal or rap used in corporate worship, I see no reason why a particular musical style can not be used to proclaim the Gospel.
    Shane
    1689 LBCF
    Rosemont Baptist Church
    Winston-Salem, NC
    www.rosemontbaptist.com

"Tis not that I did choose thee, for Lord that could not be. This heart would still refuse thee, hadst thou not chosen me."

As a side note, those who were formerly closely entwined with the satanic culture of heavy metal--such as yourself, KL, from the sound of it--will almost inevitably be unable to handle heavy metal as a Christian. It's the same way with a drunkard who becomes a Christian--he can't get near alcohol again because it'll send him back into bondage. So, don't listen to it, especially if it has the effect you describe.
    Jonathan
    Reformed Baptist
    Ohio

(in case you were wondering, Joshua is an all-powerful admin and reserves the right to redefine "billion" as "nine" when the case requires)
    Jonathan
    Reformed Baptist
    Ohio

As you can see from my testimony from my profile, you can notice that I was playing in many heavy metal bands as well as even in black metal band.
    I simply cannot make any difference between christian and secular metal. I listened before bands like Narnia, DivineFire and SAviour Machine, although their lyrics are biblical sometimes and they have good moral views I always felt that, itīs not right in the eyes of God to listen that music. Yes, I was told by some christians that itīs not good to listen that music. Someone said it was ok. I donīt mean that my view is only the right one, thatīs why I want to hear your opinions and views. But is it possible that for me it can be "trap" if I listen to that stuff that I might go back to old "heavy metal lifestyle" and God has in His grace gave me the thorn in the flesh if I listen to heavy metal?

-----Added 12/17/2009 at 11:20:06 EST-----

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    As a side note, those who were formerly closely entwined with the satanic culture of heavy metal--such as yourself, KL, from the sound of it--will almost inevitably be unable to handle heavy metal as a Christian. It's the same way with a drunkard who becomes a Christian--he can't get near alcohol again because it'll send him back into bondage. So, don't listen to it, especially if it has the effect you describe.
    You answered to my question before I asked it.
    Well, you are right about that.
    Yes ex-drunkard canīt take a beer after the sauna, but for "sober" is not problem to take a beer.
    Kai
    Looking for the church
    Vaasa, Finland

alb1 is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    My personal experience is that upon becoming a Christian , we all have things in our lives that we want to distance ourselves from. This is a good thing as we need to grow in our faith. I suggest that you currently distance yourself from whatever is spiritually bothering you. In time as you mature in the faith you may feel differently. Who knows, God may even you lead you back to minister to those in the lifestyle that he saved you from.
    Albert
    SBC
    Loganville, GA

"Just be men among men; keeping yourselves clear of all their faults and vices, but mingling with them in perfect love and sympathy, and feeling that you would do anything in your power to bring them to Christ" C.H. Spurgeon

Michael is offline. Puritanboard Senior
    Blog Entries
    "Abstain from all appearance of evil." (1Thes 5:22)

So many things in this fallen world have different affects on different people. Simply use wisdom and abstain from that which tempts you away from God. If heavy metal was part of your sinful life prior to salvation, it very well may be something you need to put off in favor of Christ. For others, heavy metal may be a simple matter of indifference, a fitting soundtrack for a part of a movie, or sports highlight, etc.

I used to play very 'violent-sounding' rock music (not really metal, but more punk taken a little too far ) when I was in a band in my teens and 20's. There is some of it I still enjoy, but for the most part it is folly to me now. I definitely have a new perspective in Christ that cannot be shaken.

Bald_Brother is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    What about so called "christian rock or heavy metal"? Is it possible to use heavy metal music as tool for spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

You know, when I first became a Christian I was in a similar situation. I had been in punk bands instead of metal. When I became a Christian alot of what I formerly was seemed evil to me. So evil that I concluded it was in fact evil. I lost (for a while) some good friends who had grown up in the church over the music argument specifically.

As I grew in maturity I realized that what I felt about the evils of punk, metal, et al. were most likely the promptings of the Spirit keeping me away from that which could tempt me in my immature faith. The music was wrong for me as it would have violated my conscience as I was being led. My friends were not so bound in conscience over this peripheral issue.

A few years and a bit of wisdom later, I ended up making a lot of apologies.
    Ray Nearhood -
    Particular Baptist at a Presbyterian Church, Layman
    Husband of Evelyn, Father of Oren, Elijah, and Emily (Nearhood Collections)
    "You are like mouse-droppings in the pepper." - Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_Brother View Post
    You know, when I first became a Christian I was in a similar situation. I had been in punk bands instead of metal. When I became a Christian alot of what I formerly was seemed evil to me. So evil that I concluded it was in fact evil. I lost (for a while) some good friends who had grown up in the church over the music argument specifically.

As I grew in maturity I realized that what I felt about the evils of punk, metal, et al. were most likely the promptings of the Spirit keeping me away from that which could tempt me in my immature faith. The music was wrong for me as it would have violated my conscience as I was being led. My friends were not so bound in conscience over this peripheral issue.

A few years and a bit of wisdom later, I ended up making a lot of apologies.
    Well, I have quite same feelings. Iīve been fighting with this music thing since 2004. Not all the time, but sometimes it comes up. I havenīt listen metal for years, but rather old christian hymns and some classical music like Bach and Handel.

Iīm really sure that black and death metal is out of question for christians. The secular one I mean.
    Kai
    Looking for the church
    Vaasa, Finland

David is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    I'm a fan of metal, even now, but a lot of it is appalling. Rammstein's music, for example, is full of murder, destruction and perversion, and rarely anything less. As good as it sounds, and despite the fact I can't quite understand the German lyrics, I try to keep away from such bands.

Other bands, like Iron Maiden, I find to be pretty good. I just avoid their darker songs like Number of the Beast.
    David
    Presbyterian Church of Queensland
    Mackay, Queensland, Australia

D. Paul is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Twang View Post
    Heavy metal is like coffee to me. Instead of a coffee in the morning, I crank up the heavy metal and I'm ready to go
    Well, there you go. First it's coffee, then heavy metal. The natural course of addiction will now only lead to the next strongest when HM doesn't "do it" for you anymore...karaoke. Seek help.

Now I feel better at least.

-----Added 12/17/2009 at 10:14:58 EST-----

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I'm a fan of metal, even now, but a lot of it is appalling. Rammstein's music, for example, is full of murder, destruction and perversion, and rarely anything less. As good as it sounds, and despite the fact I can't quite understand the German lyrics, I try to keep away from such bands.

Other bands, like Iron Maiden, I find to be pretty good. I just avoid their darker songs like Number of the Beast.
    Rrrrreally? Ya' mean like this? Come to think of it, you DO look alot like Bruce

Paul Trask is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Blog Entries

Heavy Metal Bands are OK if...

It depends on their lyrics if they are God fearing and theologically correct than I think its OK to listen to. Music is neutral its the lyrics that count. I do not listen to it because I don't usually like the music and I do not like sound of Rap either. I like to hear a melody. If there is no melody I do not consider it music.
    Paul H. Trask
    Ruling Elder, PCA
    Hanover, PA
    ALS Patient

"We have a kind Father and a sovreign Lord, so we submit because he is sovreign, and we trust because he is our loving Father working for our good." John Calvin

TeachingTulip is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    I can't judge "hard metal music" as it is just not a part of my world (I am 69 years old). I do not even know what this kind of music is like or what it represents.

So, I would ask Christians represented on PB how they believe and implement hard metal music to witness to the cross work of Jesus Christ.

Is it a witnessing tool to the holiness and grace of Jesus Christ? How does it magnify His Person?

Is there a gospel message of salvation incorporated within it?

IOW's, what is the spiritual and eternal worth of this kind of music making?
    Ronda
    California

Iīve been thought that where heavy metal can used for spreading the Gospel. It isnīt suitable in islamic countries or countries like North-Korea, but is it suitable in Western countries...

Well, at least I get many good answers and I thank everyone of you.
    Kai
    Looking for the church
    Vaasa, Finland

Berean is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Someone mentioned "black metal". What exactly is that?

As you can see from my testimony from my profile, you can notice that I was playing in many heavy metal bands as well as even in black metal band.
    Norm
    PCA
    Iowa

Our fair morning is at hand, the daystar is near the rising, and we are not many miles from home; what matters the ill entertainment in the smoky inns of this miserable life? We are not to stay here, and we will be dearly welcome to Him whom we go to. --The Loveliness of Christ, Samuel Rutherford

CIT
    CIT is offline. Puritanboard Postgraduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Someone mentioned \"black metal\". What exactly is that?

Black metal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    B

py3ak is offline. They're stalling and plotting against me
    Ruben: Administrator
    NCCC-OP
    Steger, IL

...analogy does not mean identity. When we make a comparison we do not make an equation. -John Murray

Board Rules - Signature Requirements - Suggestions?

Teología en Mexico
    The Howling Wilderness

Parsifal23 is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    I tend to avoid the "of Satan" line of argument although some bands and genres are undoubtedly satanic. A better way of looking at it is to ask yourself is is "worldly"? or give the appearance of evil? As far as "Christian" Heavy Metal I find the people who do this usually have the best of intentions but the people there usually trying to reach don't care, are belligerent, or think the whole thing is a lame joke I know this from personal experience when I tried to do "positive" rap and share "christian" rap with my lost cohorts some genres of music are just too of the world to be redeemed and discretion being the better part of valor the christian would be better off just avoiding it completely.
    Aaron
    Independent Baptist
    Holland MI

carlgobelman is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Blog Entries
    Do these threads come in threes or what? There seem to be a lot of threads going around today of the variety of "Can/Should a Christian do...X" (e.g., listen to heavy metal, watch R-rated movies, etc.).

Carl Gobelman
    Westminster Reformed Presbyterian Church (RPCNA) in Prairie View, IL.
    M.Div Student at Mid-America Reformed Seminary in Dyer, IN.
    Vernon Hills, IL.
    Blog: http://newcreationperson.wordpress.com

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

Quote Originally Posted by carlgobelman View Post
    Do these threads come in threes or what? There seem to be a lot of threads going around today of the variety of "Can/Should a Christian do...X" (e.g., listen to heavy metal, watch R-rated movies, etc.).

These threads pop up on a more or less regular basis. They slow down for a time, and then someone posts a question, which reminds someone else of another question they had, and so forth.
    Jonathan
    Reformed Baptist
    Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Someone mentioned "black metal". What exactly is that?

Black metal is satanic or anti-christian form of metal. Musically itīs mainly aggressive and vocals usually are screamed. There has been black metal since early 1980īs, but it came popular in early 90īs when in Norway someone started to burn churches and those arsonists where inside the black metal scene. I wasnīt satanist myself, but it was easy to play such kind on "music". Itīs like punk, you really donīt need talents to be "star". I was just playing for fun that stuff. I never likes lyrics, but back then I didnīt care...
    Kai
    Looking for the church
    Vaasa, Finland

David FCC is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Blog Entries
    Many people when listening to music just listen to the tune and most of the lyrics go totally unnoticed so personally I struggle with the idea of Christian rock music as the world cannot see the difference between them. Also I feel there is a real danger of vanity creeping in when it comes to "Christian music" just the same as in the secular world with the adoring crowds that buy the cd's and come to listen at the gig's.

O'GodHowGreatThouArt is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    Being a person who is into extreme Christian metal (Christian Death Metal and Black Metal, otherwise known as "White Metal" and "Unblack Metal" to some, though I do believe both titles sound corny), and hosts what I believe to be the internet's only 100% Christian black metal show, I felt I should comment on this topic.

When it comes to metal, as well as all music, there are two things one must keep in mind.

1) God's conviction upon you
    2) Where it stands in God's Word.

There are some who believe that God does not want them listening to it, and I applaud them for devoting themselves to the Lord first above what they desire for themselves. However, one has to realize that what God applies to one person, He does not necessarily apply to another.

1 Thessalonians 5:22 is often used as justification to not listen to any Christian music besides hymns. But, one has to ask an essential question: What is considered evil? Throughout the Bible, the answer is given time and time again - Anything that is not like God (i.e. sin). The next question one should ask, which I will not answer here, as most should know it, is what is considered sin according to the Bible? Answer that, then compare it to the lyrics. Does anything fall into the many categories of sin? Does it glorify God?

Figure those two out, and you will have found Biblical music. Forget about the genre. If the music is holy and glorifies God, would He really care if it's polka, country, rap, or metal?

Hopefully this clears up some misconceptions about the genres.
    Bryan Jones, Carrollton, GA
    Member, Christ Reformed Church - Lawrenceville, GA
    When at school in Carrollton, I attend Great Savior Reformed Baptist Church - Carrollton, GA

etexas is offline. Puritanboard Doctor

I will answer with your own "feel". What ever comes not from faith is sin. This is not saying to "style" is evil to all people in all places....HOWEVER, it is an issue with your conscience, you stated:"I feel BAD everytime I hear it.... I would suggest that it has a "negative" background for you, if so, it may well be a prompt of the Holy Ghost to put it behind you. When in such a doubt, PRAY, listen to the Holy Spirit! If it makes you feel bad WHENEVER you hear it...perhaps you should put it away....Peace in Christ!
    etexas, , Servant Of Christ, Saint Mary Magdalene.

Pilgrim72 is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    Blog Entries
    KL,
    I wish I had seen this thread earlier. But as a Christian, I personally enjoy listening to metal. I like other styles of music too, but metal is probably my favorite. I don't like death or black because good vocals are important to me.
    Your situation sorta reminds me of the meat sacrificed to idols. The meat itself wasn't bad to eat, but some saw that it was since it was sacrificed to idols...

Anyway, there are a few Finnish bands I enjoy listening to. Have you heard of Amorphis? I don't like everything by them, since they have a mixture of death vocals, but here's a cool song that came out last year that I really like. I read the lyrics and I'm not sure what he's talking about... but it doesn't seem evil or satanic.

Alex - Orange County, CA - PCA

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but
    Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by
    faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20

Manton - "The sovereign dominion of God is a great prop to our faith."

O'GodHowGreatThouArt is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    It's definitely positive, but I do not get the feeling they aren't Christian per say. They, for sure, are not satanic.
    Bryan Jones, Carrollton, GA
    Member, Christ Reformed Church - Lawrenceville, GA
    When at school in Carrollton, I attend Great Savior Reformed Baptist Church - Carrollton, GA

Andrew P.C. is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    Blog Entries

The only things I will say is that you can glorify God in through music. Style isn't of the importance, it's the substance, the lyrics, the heart of the matter. Also, if it goes against your conscience, do not do it for that is sin.

For myself, I listen to bands such as The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, and some other bands from SolidState Records(in line with tooth&nail records... these are so called "Christian" bands). Even though the theology sucks in the lyrics, they are clean lyrics nonetheless and it's one of my favorite styles of music.
    Andrew Cunningham
    Reno, NV
    Member:Mt. Rose Reformed OPC

Facebook
    TrigaBlog
    @TrigaBlog

Blue Tick is offline. Puritanboard Graduate
    Take each song individually along with the bands. Some are not edifying or they're just plain rebellious towards God. For instance I won’t listen to the band Tool but I’ll listen to music performed by Metallica and Morphine. If we want to say Christians shouldn’t listen to Heavy Metal we might as well not listen to the self idol worship of Air Supply, Chicago, and some Country music, etc… and other love centric bands that turn relationships into a god.
    John
    Christ Presbyterian Church (OPC)
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    [url]www.christpres.net[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast