General discussions discuss What is PreceptAustin in the General Forums forums; Anyone heard of PreceptAustin? P-R-E-C-E-P-T*** A-U-S-T-I-N The website and statement of faith is extensive....

pm
    pm is offline. Puritanboard Freshman

What is PreceptAustin

Anyone heard of PreceptAustin?

P-R-E-C-E-P-T*** A-U-S-T-I-N

The website and statement of faith is extensive.
    Last edited by pm; 07-23-2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Mistake

Contra_Mundum is offline. Pilgrim, Alien, Stranger
    "Precept Ministries" (PM) is an organization led by Kay Arthur, promoting her materials on inductive Bible study.

The web-site referred to look like a local, personal ministry in the Austin, TX area by someone using the basic methodology of PM. It seems he is a former medical doctor, probably retired now.

Evaluation:
    --Does probably go to a local Bible-church
    --Follows a believer's-baptism (credo) model
    --Does not look historically at the church for any history-of-interpretation
    --Does agree with certain streams of Christian/theological literature re. interpretation
    --Does believe in God's sovereignty; does not agree with Calvinism
    (his simplified analysis of predestination suffers from the word/concept fallacy)
    --Considers himself well-trained (via training/practice as MD) for studying the Bible
    --Considers dispensationalism the "natural", literal reading of Scripture

I think he's probably a sincere Christian, "well-catechized" in his own method of study and in doctrine. His web-page is his own "catechism".
    Rev. Bruce G. Buchanan
    ChainOLakes Presbyterian Church, CentralLake, MI

Made both Lord and Christ--Jesus, the Destroyer
    Acts 2:36 - 1 Cor. 10:9-10 & 15:22-26 - Hebrews 2:9-15 - 1 John 3:8 - James 4:12

When posting friends, kindly bear those words of earthly wisdom in mind:

Oh, that God the gift would give us
    To see ourselves as others see us.
    --Robert Burns, 1786 (modernized) ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions? -- Sermons

rpavich is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Contra,
    Man...you are thorough!

Is the FBI hiring?
    Robert
    Lay Person
    PCA
    West Virginia
    Go share your faith

Actually, I just went to a few of his pages (bio, st. of faith, Rom.9) and skimmed for relevant data.

Experience can be described as having learned "how" to study quickly to get answers in less time.
    Rev. Bruce G. Buchanan

Acts 2:36 - 1 Cor. 10:9-10 & 15:22-26 - Hebrews 2:9-15 - 1 John 3:8 - James 4:12

--Robert Burns, 1786 (modernized) ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions? -- Sermons

pm
    pm is offline. Puritanboard Freshman

Why the deception?

Quote Originally Posted by Contra_Mundum View Post
    "Precept Ministries" (PM) is an organization led by Kay Arthur, promoting her materials on inductive Bible study.

The web-site referred to look like a local, personal ministry in the Austin, TX area by someone using the basic methodology of PM. It seems he is a former medical doctor, probably retired now.

Evaluation:
    --Does probably go to a local Bible-church
    --Follows a believer's-baptism (credo) model
    --Does not look historically at the church for any history-of-interpretation
    --Does agree with certain streams of Christian/theological literature re. interpretation
    --Does believe in God's sovereignty; does not agree with Calvinism
    (his simplified analysis of predestination suffers from the word/concept fallacy)
    --Considers himself well-trained (via training/practice as MD) for studying the Bible
    --Considers dispensationalism the "natural", literal reading of Scripture

I think he's probably a sincere Christian, "well-catechized" in his own method of study and in doctrine. His web-page is his own "catechism".

Thank you for your answer, I thought of Kay Arthur but could not find her name anywere.

Sooooooo, why the deception? It does not seem her style to hide?

Skyler is offline. Puritanboard Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkadow View Post
    Thank you for your answer, I thought of Kay Arthur but could not find her name anywere.

I found her name in no less than 150 places:

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awww.preceptaustin.org+kay+arthur&i e=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a]site:www.preceptaustin.org kay arthur - Google Search[/ame]
    Jonathan
    Reformed Baptist
    Ohio

My blog: Middle of the Narrow Way

Quote Originally Posted by pmkadow View Post

The site you found isn't "her" site. It's the site of a man who has used her approach or materials before (he links to PM site somewhere in his bio). He's set up his own blog-ministry.

I don't see any deception on the site at all.
    Rev. Bruce G. Buchanan