General discussions discuss Resource for Short Online Devotions in the General Forums forums; Looking for short, simple material for devotions for teen boys. Time constraints, so it needs to be pretty brief. Suggestions and or Links are appreciated!...

caddy is offline. Puritanboard Senior

Resource for Short Online Devotions

Looking for short, simple material for devotions for teen boys. Time constraints, so it needs to be pretty brief. Suggestions and or Links are appreciated!

BobVigneault is offline. Bawberator
    I would recommend My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. Use your discretion, the majority of his devotions are great.

http://www.rbc.org/utmost/index.php

I would also recommend you find more time for your devotions. Get up earlier or give up a time slot dedicated to less important stuff. Blessings.
    When it comes to havoc, I WREAK!
    Bob Vigneault
    Seventy And Fourteen (blog)
    The Heartbeat of Heaven (blog)
    Spiritual Warfare (blog)
    Member, Grace Evangelical Free Church (Reforming!), Afton, WI
    Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

Thanks Bob

This is not for me. I need something brief to close our Basketball practice for H.S. Kids. Many of them are probably NOT believers, so I don't want something over the top or beyond them.

After I get home from the Gym, after work, my time is usually spent in reading and study till I go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by BobVigneault View Post
    I would recommend My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. Use your discretion, the majority of his devotions are great.

http://www.rbc.org/utmost/index.php

I would also recommend you find more time for your devotions. Get up earlier or give up a time slot dedicated to less important stuff. Blessings.

Thank you for explaining that Steven. Searching for a minimal devotional time didn't seem consistent with your contributions to the Board. I'm glad it was my misunderstanding and I apologize - I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!

Chamber's may not be the best choice for that venue. How about Sproul's devotional - In The Presence Of God: Devotional Readings On The Attributes Of God

Amazon.com: In The Presence Of God Devotional Readings On The Attributes Of God: Books: R. C. Sproul
    Bob Vigneault
    Spiritual Warfare (blog)

Now your talking Bob...

I like Sproul. I'll probably snag it...

Keep me posted however if you come across a good "online" resource. I know there are "Lots" of them out there. I am just trying to find the right mix of sincerety and depth, while not being to "weighty" for a mix H.S. Kids were some are believers and some are not. I want them to be able to sense God's presence in the message. I broke down the elements of the Lord's prayer for them with our limited time last night.

Doh! That's right, your original criteria was 'online'. I'll keep looking, or keep "bumping" this thread to see if others are looking.
    Bob Vigneault
    Spiritual Warfare (blog)