See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

General discussions discuss Noah's Ark is found in the General Forums forums; A quick perusal of the Internet will show multitudes of websites with people talking about finding Noah's Ark or seeing it or whatever. (My nature ...

nwink is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore

Noah's Ark is found

A quick perusal of the Internet will show multitudes of websites with people talking about finding Noah's Ark or seeing it or whatever. (My nature is to be skeptical, especially of anything on the internet) But what do PB'ers think...do you think anyone in recent history has actually seen or found Noah's Ark? Why or why not?
    Nathan
    Member, Reformed Presbyterian (RPCNA)
    Indiana

biggandyy is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Blog Entries
    It will never be found for one simple reason, it was cannibalized by the Noah family for housing, cooking, heat, etc. All of the wood around them would be hopelessly waterlogged or actively turning into coal and natural gas. They needed something to fuel their new civilization.
    BiggAndyy
    Deacon, Ind. Baptist
    Pittsburgh, PA

Taxes are not levied for the benefit of the taxed.
    2 member(s) found this post helpful.

Wayne is offline. Tempus faciendi, Domine.
    Don't know that I've ever seen an ADHD avatar before, Andy.
    Wayne Sparkman, Th.M., C.A.
    Director, PCA Historical Center, St. Louis, MO
    Blogs: The Continuing Story and This Day in Presbyterian History
    Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

"Remember, it is not hasty reading, but serious meditating upon holy and heavenly truths, that make them prove sweet and profitable to the soul...It is not he that reads most , but he that meditates most, that will prove the choicest, sweetest, wisest and strongest Christian." - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680) [HT: Hamalas]
    1 member(s) found this post helpful.

MarieP is offline. Puritanboard Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by biggandyy View Post
    It will never be found for one simple reason, it was cannibalized by the Noah family for housing, cooking, heat, etc. All of the wood around them would be hopelessly waterlogged or actively turning into coal and natural gas. They needed something to fuel their new civilization.
    Interesting speculation- though wouldn't the language of the text indicate breaking the ark up wasn't a matter of necessity?

Genesis 8
    10 And he waited yet another seven days, and again he sent the dove out from the ark. 11 Then the dove came to him in the evening, and behold, a freshly plucked olive leaf was in her mouth; and Noah knew that the waters had receded from the earth...

13 And it came to pass in the six hundred and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, that the waters were dried up from the earth; and Noah removed the covering of the ark and looked, and indeed the surface of the ground was dry. 14 And in the second month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, the earth was dried...

20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. .
    It could have been broken up though. Perhaps that's where he got some of the wood to offer sacrifices. The ark wasn't ever going to be used again, and it would be efficient use of materials.
    MarieP
    Reformed Baptist Church
    Louisville, KY

"I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies and of all the truth which You have shown Your servant" (Gen. 32:10)

biggandyy is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Don't know that I've ever seen an ADHD avatar before, Andy.
    You should see the full version... wait, you can, right below (Christmas hat added).

BiggAndyy
    Deacon, Ind. Baptist
    Pittsburgh, PA

Taxes are not levied for the benefit of the taxed.

Romans922 is offline. Puritanboard Postgraduate
    Quote Originally Posted by biggandyy View Post
    This is pure speculation and is adding to the text. I guess this has already been pointed out.

I don't think anyone can answer the questions: "Has it been found?" or "Will it be found?"

On top of this, it doesn't really matter.

Also, the avatar is a pentecostal during worship...right?
    Elder Andrew Barnes (PCA)
    Christ Presbyterian Church (Kansas City, MO)
    Sermon Audio
    Twitter

JennyG is offline. Puritanboard Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieP View Post
    It could have been broken up though. Perhaps that's where he got some of the wood to offer sacrifices. The ark wasn't ever going to be used again, and it would be efficient use of materials.
    I always pictured the Ark as Clyde-built (as they say in Scotland) if ever anything was. In other words, it would be a lot more bother breaking it up than just picking up broken wood from the now dry earth.
    JennyG
    Member, Free Church of Scotland
    Scotland

jwright82 is offline. Puritanboard Senior
    Even if they found the ark how would they ever know it? A pile of wood on top of a mountain is a pile of wood on top of a mountain. It doesn't seem to important to God to "prove" himself to mondern man by providentially revealing where it is. It is like "wow now that we humans have discovered the ark we now have a good reason to beleive it", to that I would say "no when God tells me through special revelation that the ark existed I have the best reason possible to beleive it".

Now it is quite reasonable for christian scientists to analyze these things and search for archeological evidence of these things for the right reasons. But we must always have the right perspective on "proof" and "evidence" first.
    James
    Pinewood Presbyterian church (PCA)
    Jacksonville, FL
    My blog: http://thereformedcafe.wordpress.com/.

Joshua is offline. _
    Blog Entries
    It don't make none.
    Josh
    CCRPC, RPCGA

Constantlyreforming is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    wait, isn't that just one of those old testament stories???

Ruling Elder
    Life Point Bible Church, Quincy, Illinois
    E. Beckler

Favorite authors include Elisha Coles, John Flavel, John Owen, Joseph Lathrop and Jonathan Edwards.

Skyler is offline. Puritanboard Graduate
    Personally, I think someone from the future went back in time and stole it to add to their museum collection.
    Jonathan
    Reformed Baptist
    Ohio

My blog: Middle of the Narrow Way

jwright82 is offline. Puritanboard Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Personally, I think someone from the future went back in time and stole it to add to their museum collection.
    I like that.
    James
    Pinewood Presbyterian church (PCA)
    Jacksonville, FL
    My blog: http://thereformedcafe.wordpress.com/.