See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

General discussions discuss Discernment Blogs and "Tell All" Sites? in the General Forums forums; Brothers and sisters, Just wanting to get some opinions and/or discussion going on how profitibale or appropriate discernment sites (like apprising.org) and "tell all" sites ...

Jeff Burns is offline. Puritanboard Freshman

Discernment Blogs and "Tell All" Sites?

Brothers and sisters,

Just wanting to get some opinions and/or discussion going on how profitibale or appropriate discernment sites (like apprising.org) and "tell all" sites (like joyfulexiles.com) are for the Church at large.

I go back and forth. Try not to get too caught up in all the nonsense going on in Evangelicalism today, but sometimes it does come home to roost. As an elder I do try to stay up to speed on a lot of what our church members might be reading/hearing about.

What do ya'll think?
    Jeff Burns
    SGBA
    Greensboro, NC
    1646 London Baptist Confession of Faith

arap is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    I think that they are great for the most part!
    However, sometimes when something isn't as the same doctrine they are they can label those people heretics or just off the wall. Do be weary, but, they do provide great insight despite the fact at some points they can go overboard. Don't disregard the meat of the sites though.
    Trent
    non-denominational (but Thoroughly reformed at heart) WCF
    Colorado

Harley is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    Blog Entries
    I used to be heavy into such sites. I came out of a charismatic church that had little discernment and almost no doctrine, so I fed off of these sites. They have their value in that they do serve as beacons for those who want to know the truth about books and movements that all fall under the name "Christian," and they do liberate people from lies and deception. My criticism is that they can become something of a Christian Gossip magazine. Though not diet material, it's valuable material, especially if you are coming out of modern evangelicalism.
    Harley
    Dallas Reformed Baptist Church
    Dallas, Texas

"Oh the depth of the riches and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments, and how inscrutable His ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been His counselor? Or who has given a gift to Him that He might be repaid? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever." - Rom. 11:33-36
    1 member(s) found this post helpful.