Book Exchange discuss Answers To Machen's Greek Textbook??? in the Educational Forums forums; Does anyone on PB have the answers to Machen's "New Testament Greek for Beginners"? I have the Trinity edition but the answer book seems to ...

KMK
    KMK is offline. Moderator

Question Answers To Machen's Greek Textbook???

Does anyone on PB have the answers to Machen's "New Testament Greek for Beginners"? I have the Trinity edition but the answer book seems to be out of print.

Village Community Church of Wrightwood

Transformation Ministries

"Preparing a sermon is like cooking a meal. You need pots and pans and utensils, but you don't bring them out to the table where people are eating." Derek Thomas

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?

Wayne is offline. Tempus faciendi, Domine.
    I didn't look closely, but this may help

Answers to New Testament Greek for Beginners by J. Gresham Machen

No, maybe not. At least, I sure don't like the transliteration used there.
    Wayne Sparkman, Th.M., C.A.
    Director, PCA Historical Center, St. Louis, MO
    Blogs: The Continuing Story and This Day in Presbyterian History

"Remember, it is not hasty reading, but serious meditating upon holy and heavenly truths, that make them prove sweet and profitable to the soul...It is not he that reads most , but he that meditates most, that will prove the choicest, sweetest, wisest and strongest Christian." - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680) [HT: Hamalas]

KMK
    I can't read the Greek. Maybe its because I don't have Bibleworks.

"Preparing a sermon is like cooking a meal. You need pots and pans and utensils, but you don't bring them out to the table where people are eating." Derek Thomas

JohnGill is offline. Puritanboard Senior
    You might try asking on this forum: Machen New Testament Greek for Beginners Group beginning Aug : Koine Greek And Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek

There are also other Greek books with answer keys you can find here: Learn To Read Ancient Greek | Textkit
    Chris Thomas | Grace Reformed Baptist Church | Bonham, TX

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!
    So if ye destroy the Letter of the Scripture, you do destroy the Scripture; and if you do deny the Letter, how is it possible that you should attain to the true sense thereof, when the Sense lies wrapped up in the Letters, and the words thereof?
    Samuel Rutherford - A Free Disputation Against Pretended Liberty of Conscience
    Blog: The Biblical Thinker

Bethel is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    We use Thompson's Study Guide for Machen's NT Greek for Beginners: Amazon.com: Study Guide for J. Gresham Machen's New Testament Greek for Beginners (9780024206503): David L. Thompson: Books

The preface states that it has "Translations of all exercise sentences in Machen, gathered in the Appendix to the Study Guide". My husband is the official Greek teacher in our homeschool, so I don't know if it has all the answers, but I do know that my husband found the study guide to be very, very helpful.

I hope this helps!
    ~Bethel
    Member, SBC Central TX
    1689 LBCF

KMK
    Thanks for the help!

fredtgreco is offline. Vanilla Westminsterian
    Quote Originally Posted by KMK View Post
    Ken,

It works if you have the Bibleworks Greek font (Bwgrkl). You can download that font for free on the BW site:

BibleWorks - Greek and Hebrew Fonts
    Fred Greco
    Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA (Katy, TX)
    Christ Church Blog

"The heart is the main thing in true religion...It is the hinge and turning-point in the condition of man's soul. If the heart is alive to God and quickened by the Spirit, the man is a living Christian. If the heart is dead and has not the Spirit, the man is dead before God." (J.C. Ryle)

KMK
    Quote Originally Posted by fredtgreco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KMK View Post
    Ken,

It works if you have the Bibleworks Greek font (Bwgrkl). You can download that font for free on the BW site:

BibleWorks - Greek and Hebrew Fonts
    Got it, and it works great. Thanks all.