See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Controversial Topics discuss John Calvin the....homosexual? in the Theology forums; The person who posted this is seems rabidly anti-calvin (judging by other things he wrote) but this was sent to me by a Roman Catholic ...

Rufus is offline. Puritanboard Junior

John Calvin the....homosexual?

The person who posted this is seems rabidly anti-calvin (judging by other things he wrote) but this was sent to me by a Roman Catholic proving that Calvin was a homosexual.
    https://sites.google.com/site/standf...534-conviction
    Responses?
    Sean
    Layman, First Presbyterian Church of Concord New Hampshire (PCA)
    Hillsborough, New Hampshire

py3ak is offline. They're stalling and plotting against me
    Here's the easy answer:
    Someone who can't be trusted to handle multiple, readily available, clear, and full sources accurately (Calvin's doctrine of predestination and divine sovereignty) doesn't commend himself as a reliable source for obscure, controverted, and missing sources (the arrest record in Noyon).
    Ruben: Administrator
    F.P.C.Indianapolis

...analogy does not mean identity. When we make a comparison we do not make an equation. -John Murray

Board Rules - Signature Requirements - Suggestions?

Teología en Mexico
    The Howling Wilderness
    6 member(s) found this post helpful.

O'GodHowGreatThouArt is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    Not sure about the sodomy charge proof, but a simple Google search shows very few in the way of resources on this regard.

In addition, the one source I did find (see links below), points out the conviction was in 1527 (age 18), not in 1534 as this writer claims. Assuming he did commit this crime, he was an unbeliever when it occurred. As a result, it would hardly be fair to judge the genuineness of his conversion based on his past life.

What are we to think of Calvin
    Bryan Jones, Carrollton, GA
    Member, Christ Reformed Church - Lawrenceville, GA
    When at school in Carrollton, I attend Great Savior Reformed Baptist Church - Carrollton, GA

Weston Stoler is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    When I read the title I got slightly angry. I am scared to open the link......
    Only the death of Christ can free us from our own depravity!
    Weston Stoler
    Presbyterian (PCA!)
    Decatur, Alabama
    1 member(s) found this post helpful.

TimV is offline. Puritanboard Botanist
    So he was branded on the shoulder with a lily. And the Geneva City Council who paid him a nice salary never thought to ask to see it? It would seem a rather easy claim to settle one way or another.
    Tim Vaughan
    Member, Redeemer Presbyterian, OPC,
    Santa Maria
    California

FedByRavens is offline. Puritanboard Freshman
    My neighbors tell people that I am a drug dealer, and that i prostitute myself for money as well.

Matthew Chapter 5

11 "Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.
    12 "Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
    NASB
    Proverbs 27:19 As in water face reflects face, So the heart of man reflects man.

Caleb Knox
    Berean Bible Church(Reformed Baptist) www.illbehonest.com
    Clayton, La http://www.facebook.com/ManMtn7
    1 member(s) found this post helpful.