Meditating on the Preached Word discuss Sermons for the Lord's Day (10/11) in the Preaching forums; This morning I finished preaching through the book of Philippians. It took me a little more than six months. The final sermons was on Philippians ...

fredtgreco is offline. Vanilla Westminsterian

Sermons for the Lord's Day (10/11)

This morning I finished preaching through the book of Philippians. It took me a little more than six months. The final sermons was on Philippians 4:20-23, "The Grace Filled Church ."

I. Grace From God
    II. Grace with Each Other
    III. Grace to Glorify God

This evening we have a short devotional from our Associate Pastor and a report from our new missionaries to Mexico!
    Fred Greco
    Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA (Katy, TX)
    Christ Church Blog

"The heart is the main thing in true religion...It is the hinge and turning-point in the condition of man's soul. If the heart is alive to God and quickened by the Spirit, the man is a living Christian. If the heart is dead and has not the Spirit, the man is dead before God." (J.C. Ryle)

TimV is offline. Puritanboard Botanist
    Ours was on Strange Fire, and a good explaination of the RP. I left not totally convinced of the principle of the 15 minute opening prayer, though :-) Accepted two new families into membership as well.
    Tim Vaughan
    Member, Redeemer Presbyterian, OPC,
    Santa Maria
    California

Webservant is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    Rich Brown
    Deacon/Webmaster
    Aisquith PCA
    Parkville, MD

py3ak is offline. They're stalling and plotting against me
    Quote Originally Posted by fredtgreco View Post
    This morning I finished preaching through the book of Philippians. It took me a little more than six months. The final sermons was on Philippians 4:20-23, "The Grace Filled Church ."

I. Grace From God

This evening we have a short devotional from our Associate Pastor and a report from our new missionaries to Mexico!
    Where to in Mexico?
    Ruben: Administrator
    NCCC-OP
    Steger, IL

...the very necessaries of life are mortal. -Seneca

Board Rules - Signature Requirements - Suggestions?

Teología en Mexico
    The Howling Wilderness

fredtgreco is offline. Vanilla Westminsterian
    Quote Originally Posted by py3ak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fredtgreco View Post

I. Grace From God

Where to in Mexico?
    Initially Guadalajara. In six to nine months they will find a permanent location.
    Fred Greco
    Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA (Katy, TX)
    Christ Church Blog

"The heart is the main thing in true religion...It is the hinge and turning-point in the condition of man's soul. If the heart is alive to God and quickened by the Spirit, the man is a living Christian. If the heart is dead and has not the Spirit, the man is dead before God." (J.C. Ryle)

py3ak is offline. They're stalling and plotting against me
    Depending on where they settle I may be able to put them in touch with people who might be of some help, so if you think of it and consider it worthwhile let me know (I don't know anyone in Guadalajara, though).
    Ruben: Administrator
    NCCC-OP
    Steger, IL

...the very necessaries of life are mortal. -Seneca

Board Rules - Signature Requirements - Suggestions?

Teología en Mexico
    The Howling Wilderness

MW
    MW is offline. Moderator
    AM -- Preserving Mercies, Matthew 6:13.

1. Temptation to evil.
    2. Prevention of evil.
    3. Salvation from evil.

PM -- The love of the Church, 2 John 5-6.

1. A love recommended.
    2. A love commanded.
    3. A love illustrated.
    Yours sincerely,
    Rev. Matthew Winzer
    Australian Free Church,
    Victoria, Australia

"Illum oportet crescere me autem minui."

dannyhyde is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    AM–The Gifts Given by God–Exodus 31:1–11
    1. God Gifts the Entire Congregation
    2. God Gifts Diversely
    3. God Gifts for Obedience

PM–In Adam's Fall, We Sinned All–Genesis 3:1–7, Romans 5:12–21, Westminster Larger Catechism, Q&A 21–23
    1. Adam's Sin
    2. Our Sorrow
    Rev. Daniel R. Hyde, Th.M.
    Pastor, [URL="http://www.oceansideurc.org/"]Oceanside United Reformed Church[/URL], Carlsbad/Oceanside, California
    [URL="http://www.meetthepuritans.com/"]http://www.meetthepuritans.com/[/URL]

OPC'n is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Blog Entries
    My pastor is preaching from the book of John and he preached from chapter 9 today. The teaching was about how the blind man relied solely on Christ and the Pharisees relied on their self-righteousness. The first was saved the others were not. He reminded us that our faith is only upon Christ and His work and not on ourselves. That's a hard thing to remember sometimes when you're in the thick of your sin being mortified. It's a hard thing to look upon the sin in your heart and then look upon the perfect Savior but that's exactly what we are to do. What a wonderful grace it is! To be able to ask for forgiveness and repentance and receive it! God is good and then He turns around and gives to His ppl!
    sarah
    providence (Only Perfect Church)
    wi coldest snowiest state in the union

Romans922 is offline. Puritanboard Postgraduate
    Morning: Ephesians 4:29

I. Edifying Words are Self-controlled and Selfless
    II. Edifying Word Always Build Up

Evening: 2 Samuel 6:1-23

I. The Fear of the Lord
    II. Joy, Humility, and the Fear of the Lord
    Elder Andrew Barnes (PCA)
    Christ Presbyterian Church (Kansas City, MO)
    Sermon Audio
    Twitter

ColdSilverMoon is offline. Puritanboard Senior
    We are continuing a series on biblical hope, and yesterday looked at I Peter 1:3-12, focusing on hope for us as a result of being born again.

I. Necessity of being born again - all true Christians are born again, according to the New Testament. Today we think of those being born again as ultra-conservative or radically converted from a sinful lifestyle, but the reality is all Christians must be born again.

II. Nature of being born again - Dr. Keller used the analogy of higher orders of being to illustrate what it means to be born again. Just as an animal has more developed senses than a plant and humans have more cognitive and reasoning abilities than animals, so those who are born again are able to fully comprehend the nature of the Gospel and how it impacts their lives, whereas those not born again cannot comprehend God's truth. Being born again means that our eyes are opened, so to speak, to the life-changing truth of the Gospel.

III. Growth after being born again - growth as a believer comes through trials and suffering, because it drives us back to the infallible hope we have in Christ. Peter says we should be rejoicing and sad at the same time, which makes perfect sense in light of the fact that suffering drives further into our hope.

IV. How it begins - just as an infant cannot conceive and give birth to itself, so Christians cannot be born again through their own efforts. Christ accomplished the work of our birth on the cross, and only by His grace can we be born again and have access to that ultimate hope.
    Mason
    Member, Redeemer Presbyterian Church (PCA) - though transferring soon to a church in FL
    Destin, FL

"Come now, and let us reason together," says the Lord, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool." - Isaiah 1:18

Jeff_Bartel is offline. Puritanboard Postgraduate

KMK
    KMK is offline. Moderator
    To Whom Little Is Forgiven, The Same Loveth Little

Luke 7:36-50

I. The Woman's Humility
    II. The Pharisee's Self-Righteousness
    III. The Free Grace of God in Jesus Christ
    IV. Man's Response

Village Community Church of Wrightwood

Transformation Ministries

"Preparing a sermon is like cooking a meal. You need pots and pans and utensils, but you don't bring them out to the table where people are eating." Derek Thomas

Click to get: Board Rules -- Signature Requirements -- Suggestions?