See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Church Order discuss Overture to OPC Presbytery Concerning Republication Thesis in the The Church forums; This ought to be interesting to watch if this gets to the OPC GA. Since this has been a hotly debated topic on the PB ...

Backwoods Presbyterian is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Blog Entries

Overture to OPC Presbytery Concerning Republication Thesis

This ought to be interesting to watch if this gets to the OPC GA. Since this has been a hotly debated topic on the PB and all over the interwebs and print journals and books it would be a good thing, in my opinion, for a study committee to take a look.

Overture Proposed to OPC Presbytery seeks Study on
    Rev. Benjamin P. Glaser, M. Div, ARP
    Pastor, Ellisville Presbyterian Church, ARP
    Ellisville, Mississippi

‎‎"Ministers of the Gospel, when dispensing the truths of God, must preach home to their own souls, as well as unto others. Sir's, we do not deliver truths or doctrines to you, wherein we ourselves have no manner of concern. No, our own souls are at the stake, and shall either perish or be saved eternally, as we receive or reject these precious truths which we deliver unto you. And truly, it can never be expected that we will apply the truths of God with any warmth or liveliness unto others, unless we first make a warm application thereof to our own souls. And if we do not feed upon these doctrines, and practise these duties, which we deliver to and inculcate upon you, though we preach unto others, we ourselves are but castaways." -- Ebenezer Erskine, "The Assurance of Faith", pg. 8

Deo Vindice
    2 member(s) found this post helpful.

Andrew P.C. is offline. Puritanboard Sophomore
    Blog Entries
    I can't wait to see the outcome.
    Andrew Cunningham
    Reno, NV
    Member:Mt. Rose Reformed OPC

Facebook
    TrigaBlog
    @TrigaBlog

Unoriginalname is offline. Puritanboard Junior
    I am quite interested in this story. How long do these generally take?
    Eric

Member of Northeast Community Church (PCA)
    Attending Covenant Reformed Church (URCNA)
    Scranton, PA

17 Beware lest you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.’ 18You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day. Deuteronomy 8

Backwoods Presbyterian is offline. Puritanboard Doctor
    Blog Entries
    Without knowing anything about how the OPC operates these things my guess would be voted at Presbytery in the Spring, then to GA, then to a study committee, then couple of years down the road we would hear something.

So 2014?
    Rev. Benjamin P. Glaser, M. Div, ARP
    Pastor, Ellisville Presbyterian Church, ARP
    Ellisville, Mississippi

‎‎"Ministers of the Gospel, when dispensing the truths of God, must preach home to their own souls, as well as unto others. Sir's, we do not deliver truths or doctrines to you, wherein we ourselves have no manner of concern. No, our own souls are at the stake, and shall either perish or be saved eternally, as we receive or reject these precious truths which we deliver unto you. And truly, it can never be expected that we will apply the truths of God with any warmth or liveliness unto others, unless we first make a warm application thereof to our own souls. And if we do not feed upon these doctrines, and practise these duties, which we deliver to and inculcate upon you, though we preach unto others, we ourselves are but castaways." -- Ebenezer Erskine, "The Assurance of Faith", pg. 8

Deo Vindice
    1 member(s) found this post helpful.

jwithnell is offline. Puritanboard Graduate
    Do you have a sense that people are trying to affirm this position, or are they trying to get a clear ruling to settle the issue once and for all?

Eric, the OPC can seem to move glacially slow sometimes, but it is done to ensure any issues are carefully considered. Speed may clear the air faster, but could leave threads hanging to be pulled out again. (Ew, mixed metaphor.)
    JWithnell
    Member Bethel OPC
    Virginia
    http://learningyesican.blogspot.com/
    http://bethelpres.com/